Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Time To Prepare


Good Morning Dear Friends,

I am concerned in the coming days
ahead for each of you.

Our world is rapidly changing. It is becoming a
dangerous place in every country. The security we
used to feel has changed, we now feel less secure.

What do we do about that? How can we prepare
our hearts? As I was talking to my husband tonight,
we were talking how in his country, Greece, over
259 fires are raging, and many are dying. Many
poor people losing all they have with no hope of
replacing it. It is very tragic.

We were talking about this country and the threats
against it, and how things could change. Especially
if those in charge of the country spend more time
fighting with each other than looking out for us.

If a national tragedy happens, you have to be able
to look out for yourself for a time. My husband says
the biggest mistake people make is panic when
a tragedy hits. We have to be strong, and be
prepared, and have a plan. We have to have
hope planted deep, and rooted in our heart,
that God is with us, and will make a way.

You have to find a anchor for your soul!
That no matter what storm comes, the winds
that sweep through, you will not be overcome
because you are anchored in God, and His
Abilities.

We also have to do what we can do to prepare
ourselves for any contingency. This means
we keep supplies, we build a community of
contacts and people we can count on, and
we make plans in case disaster hits.

But if we, isolated and alone, do not have
the help of others, if people cannot work
together, and have the milk of human kindness
and compassion, life will become chaotic.

What we see now, is a lack of compassion among
people. A lack of concern or real love. WE have
heard of stories where people were raped, or badly
beaten and the crowds stood around horrified
and did nothing to help.

What a horrid commentary on our society.

My dear friends, the point of this is, I am concerned
for your soul. That you make your heart right with the Lord.
Don't wait one more day. None of us are guaranteed
tomorrow. There is no more vital and urgent decision
you will make in your life.

Then ... make sure you have a strong, resilient mind and
heart, that no matter what happens you are prepared
and will not panic, but will face life with courage and hope,
and an unquenchable thirst for God, his word, and to reach
others for Him. Your feet firmly planted on that solid
rock, Jesus Christ.

I just keep getting these feelings that if we do not
prepare ourselves and do not tell others of their need
for Christ, and their need to prepare for the future,
we are doing them the greatest disservice of all.

Binding together, working for His cause, seeking His
will, we will be strong, and nothing can defeat us.

If God be for us, who can be against us?

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is my strength of my life; of whom shall I be
afraid?
Though a host should encamp against me, my heart
shall not fear; though war should rise against me,
in this I will be confident.
Psalm 27:1,3

Nay in all these things we are more than conquerors
through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded
that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,
nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall
be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:37-39

Yea, though I walk through the valley of shadow
of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me,
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence
of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil,
my cup runneth over.
Psalm 23:4,5

God's provision is greater than our thought life.
Just trust, and do not be afraid.

love
millie



´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


"The Story of the Little Grape Stem"

Once upon a time there was a little grape stem. This
stem was so glad to be alive ... She drank water and
minerals from the soil and grew and grew She was young
and strong and could manage quite well ... All by Herself

But then, the Wind was cruel, the rain was harsh, the
snow was not one bit understanding, and the little grape
stem suffered She drooped, weak and suffering.

It would be so easy to stop trying to grow, to stop
trying to live. And the grape stem was poor! The winter
was long, and the stem was weary.

But then the little grape stem heard a voice. It was
another grape stem calling out to her ... "Here, reach
out ... hang on to me." But the stem hesitated.
"What would this mean?" she thought For you see, the
little stem had always managed quite well, ... All by
herself.

But then, every so cautiously, she reached out towards
the other grape stem. "See, I can help you" it said.
"Just wind your tendrils about me and I will help you
lift your head." And the little stem trusted ... and
suddenly she could stand straight again.

The wind came ... and the rain ... and the snow, But
when it came, the little grape stem was clinging to
many other stems. And although the stems were swayed
by the wind ... and frozen by the snow, They stood
strongly united to each other. And in their untired
strength ... they could smile and grow.

And then, one day the little stem looked down and saw
a tiny stem, swaying, frightened. And our little grape
stem said, "Here, hang on ... I will help you." And
the other stem reached up to our grape stem... And
together all the stems grew ... Leaves budded ...
flowers bloomed ... And finally, grapes formed
And the grapes fed many.
--Author Unknown

No comments: