Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Last Altar Call


Good Morning Everyone,

Sometimes I wonder what it will take
for people to get serious about a relationship
with God.

Will it take a great loss in their lives for
them to pay attention to Him?
Will it be when their health deteriorates
they will finally call upon Him?
Will it be when a terrorist attack comes
and they panic and don't know where to turn?

It is really so simple to have a relationship
with Jesus Christ. It starts by knowing
we are sinners, and asking for forgiveness
of our sins, confessing them one by one
to our Savior, and then asking Him to be Lord
of our lives, and then reading his word to
learn what He wants us to do to live
a righteous life.

Yet, God deals with our hearts daily
and many ignore Him. They are too busy,
they do not have time for prayer or His word.
They are living in sin and don't want to face
giving up their habits or lifestyle.

Yes.. they have each turned to their own way.

All we like sheep have gone astray,
we have turned every one to our own way,
and the Lord has laid on Him
the guilt and iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6

My friend, have you turned away from God?
Have you never known Him?

It takes the simple faith of a child, coming
to Him with humbleness, knowing you have
sinned, your conscience bothering you daily,
you know you are doing wrong, you know
you are selfish, not God minded. You know
you need forgiveness. But most of all,
you know you feel lost, lonely and deserted.
You need help.

Turn to the only one who will be with you
from birth to death. Talk to Him, confess your
sins. He is faithful to forgive those sins,
and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
(1 John 1:9)

I can have no greater love for you, than
to tell you about this often, for there is
no more important message than the gospel
for the sake of your soul, and everyone
you know.

If Jesus was to come tonight, the
last altar call would be today,
have you come to the altar of Christ yet?

Do not delay. No man knows the day
or the hour when the Lord returns for His own.

love
millie

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Last Altar Call
Author: Connie Sue Jones

The small child listened quietly as the preacher began to give his last altar call. He watched as no one moved ... no one seemed to need a prayer at all. No one needed forgiveness of their lives of sin. Everyone seemed pleased with the way their lives had been.

The child realized that even though he didn't quite understand, he believed in Jesus, and down the aisle he ran! He fell to his knees and began to pray. As the preacher knelt by his side, he heard the small child say, "Jesus, I know You know who I am, but in case You've forgotten, my name is Sam. I'm the one who won't play with my friends, just because their good toys to me they won't lend.

"I'm the one, Jesus, who always wants their own way, and I won't even listen to what others have to say. And I'm the one that never does my part, even when I know what I'm supposed to do down deep in my heart.

"And I guess, Jesus, I'm the one that never does anything unless it's half-done."

"And I know You saw what I did the other day ... I got awful mad and pushed a little boy out of my way!

"But Jesus, I just want You to know, I'm sorry for all the bad things I do. And I want to try to do better, so maybe You can love me and forgive me, too. I want to grow up to be like these people here today, for they must never do anything wrong or I guess you'd be hearing them all say, "'Forgive me too, Jesus, and help me to be more like You instead of more like me!'"

The preacher stood up, with tears in his eyes, the congregation too had begun to cry. For this small humble child had taught them that day, the true meaning of faith and just how they should pray. They knew in their hearts just how satisfied they had become; when down the aisle this small child did run.

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:6

No comments: