Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

As Thy Day, So Shall Thy Strength Be

As thy days, so shall thy strength be;"—Deuteronomy 33:25.

As we rise this morning, we look out as the morning sun
slowly comes over the horizon, with beams of light
transforming the end of night into the beginning of
a glorious new day. Just to look at the dawn is
a reminder that we have been given a new chance.

A fresh start. A clean slate.
At that very moment, we have a chance to either
pick up the burdens of yesterday, or let them go and
free ourselves from the bondage of it. We can choose
to utter a prayer to God, leaving our burdens at his
feet, and going forth into the new day with a spirit
of hope and expectation.

God has promised us enough strength for this day.
We shall not be in want. We shall be provided for.
We shall not be alone, God will be with us through it.

If we really believe that, we should live it, and breathe
fresh life into our relationships and work because we
have a heavenly Father who knows all of our needs,
and will provide what we need in the time it is needed.
Let us go about with a spirit of joy and expectation,
rather than a spirit of fear and hopelessness.

Make a choice to breathe free, and to un encumber
your spirit and thinking of anything that is holding it down.

We must just abide in Him, in prayer, through reading
His word, and not losing our focus on the higher calling in
life.

Father God show me what I can do today. Help me be useful
to someone. Show me someone I can encourage and bless.
Give me strength for my path and a spirit of joy, that no matter
what comes today, I know you are with me, and I am not
alone, and will not have to deal with things all by myself.
I can find joy in my blessings, and pray about my sorrows.

Help me seek the path of greater truth, and greater wisdom,
and not to seek the path of depression, or unforgiveness.
Make me a instrument of your peace. Form me into the person.
you want me to be in you. Help me be strong, wise, loving,
and forgiving so that I may be a testimony to all of your
transforming power, love and forgiveness.

In Jesus name,
amen.

love always
millie


These possibilities are open to everyone.
Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.
Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.
Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.
Don't neglect the things of God. He said we are to
pick up His cross daily and follow Him.
Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability.
God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need.

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



"10 Rules For A Happy Day"


1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK:
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is
unkind... I will not respond in a like manner.

2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY "ENEMY":
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I
will quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand the
"enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or
stranger.

3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY:
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I
do not spread gossip.

4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE:
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE:
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL NOT DO
IT SECRETLY:
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED:
I will practice the golden rule - "Do unto others as I would have
them do unto me" - with everyone I encounter.

8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED:
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the
difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY:
I will eat less; I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank GOD
for my body.

10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY:
I will spend a little more time in prayer today: I will begin
reading something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a
quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to GOD's
voice!!!

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled,
putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and hope of salvation
as a helmet." - 1 Thessalonians 5:8
-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

stedfast93 said...

I found your site today, as I was doing a search on Deut. 33:25. Your devotion based on this scripture is wonderful and just what I needed TODAY. Thank you, God bless, keep up the great work!!