Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

The Battle Is The Lord's - Trust, Do Not Be Afraid





Good Morning Everyone,

Ever have a day where you didn't want to
get out of bed? Where the world seemed
like a dreary, troubling place, and you didn't
want to get up and face it. Did you ever feel
like you had more problems than answers?

I believe it is serious if one loses their hope
that their situation can change, and nothing
will get better.

In my own life, I have some serious health
issues now. If I let them get me down, whatever
time I have left would be full of self defeat,
depression, and truly grim looking.

But I do not want to live like that. So even
if some of my circumstances do not change,
my hope level continues to find strength in
the Lord daily.

As I sat here praying this morning about what
to write to you, I recognize that I have many in
the military around the world on my list. And
many people, in many countries, different
walks of life. We have one common thread
in our lives, the need for hope, encouragement
and love. The Internet is a place that can be
used for good or evil. Encouragement is a great
way to spend your time on the Internet.

So this morning, I want to encourage your heart,
and tell you God does care about the details of your
life.
He wants you to spend time talking to Him
about your needs. He also wants you to spend
time worshipping Him, and loving Him. He wants
you to read His Word and plant those verses
in your spirit, so when the hard times come
you can speak them out loud and send them
forth in the name of God, and they will not come
back void, but they will accomplish His precious
will, encourage your heart, strengthen your spirit,
guide your walk, and plant your feet firmly so
you cannot be shaken. Trust, and do not be
afraid, for the Lord thy God shall never leave
thee, nor forsake thee.


My precious friend, do not allow the world
or your circumstances to rob you of your
joy and hope. Once hope and joy is stolen,
what is left? You control your thinking,
and your circumstances should never control
you. God is on the throne, not your circumstances,
never forget that. You might have to go through
some things, but you will never go through them
alone, and you will pass through to the other
side of those problems. They will not be forever.

Here are some verses I found that I pray you
will find strength from, and will refer to often.

Verses to encourage:

When I pray, you answer me, and encourage me
by giving me the strength I need.
Psalm 138:3

Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will
bring me safely through them. You will clench
your fist against my angry enemies. Your power
will save me.
The Lord will work out His plans for my life, for your
lovingkindness, Lord, continues forever.
Don't abandon me.
Psalm 138:7-8

When you go through deep waters and great
trouble, I will be with you. When you go
through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown!
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up! The flames will not
consume you.
Isaiah 43:2

I, even I, am He who comforts you and gives
you all this joy. So what right have you to fear
mere mortal men, who wither like the grass
and disappear? Isaiah 51:12

For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.
They are plans for good and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
(Count on this ... say it daily)

But the lovingkindness of the Lord is from
everlasting to everlasting, to those who
reverence Him, His salvation is to Children's
children.
Psalm 103:17

Be strong! Be courageous! Do not be
afraid of them! For the Lord Your God
will be with you. He will neither fail you
nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt!
For remember, the Lord your God is with you
wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit
says the Lord of Hosts, you will succeed
because of MY Spirit, though you are few and
weak.
Zechariah 4:6

Trust in the Lord instead. Be kind and good to
others; then you will live safely here in the land
and prosper feeding in safety.
Be delighted with the Lord, then he will give
you all your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust
Him to help you do it and He will.
Psalm 37:3-5

God is my strong fortress, He has made me safe!
2 Samuel 22:33

He is my strength and my son in the heat of
battle, and now He has given me the victory.
Psalm 118:14

He fills me with strength and protects me
wherever I go.
Psalm 18:32

For you have armed me with strong armor for
the battle. My enemies quail before me and
fall defeated at my feet.
Psalm 18:39

He gives power to the tired and worn out,
and strength to the weak.
Isaiah 40:29

To those of you in the military or those of
you in military families, send these to those
brave soldiers who need prayer and to know
someone cares. Pray over them daily,
and encourage them to speak these verses
out loud and share them with their friends.

God is still on the throne, we need not fear,
or be afraid, or feel defeated. God will prevail,
and will bless those that put their trust in Him.

love always
millie

No comments: