Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

I'd Rather Have Jesus





Hello Dear Friends,

Each of us spend time investing our lives in something
special. We choose what we enjoy, or people we enjoy
and we invest our time in it. Our time is the greatest
gift we can give anyone.

As our life goes on, we find what works well for us,
and what does not. We make choices that backfire on us,
and we learn not to go that way again. Or we get
in unhealthy, destructive relationships, and learn
more about choosing wise companions.

The Bible even tells us to guard our hearts. But often
we do just the opposite, and it has caused many people
a lifetime of trials and grief and heartaches.

But I remember my pastor giving a sermon, talking
about how when we put Jesus first in our life,
and seek Him first thing every morning, and His
will, our lives will have far less regrets.

Have you ever heard a lecture on how to have less regrets?
Don't you wish you had? Or had heard one earlier in life.

Why do we do that which we do not want to do,
and not do that which we know we should? It is
our human nature, the fleshly side of us that rebels
against God and reaps the whirlwind.

Then, those of us who remember daily we are bought
with a price, the precious blood of Jesus Christ,
recognize we are no longer our own. We belong to Jesus,
and our life is now to live up to a higher calling. We
recognize walking with Him daily is our priority. That
following His teachings leads us into obedience and
a righteous life. And we recognize Gods word inspires
our spirit, refreshes our hope, brings us comfort,
and teaches us great wisdom about life.

These things are priceless my friend.

I have to tell you after many regretable mistakes in
my life that cost me dearly, I have learned at long last.

I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords
today.

Let nothing come between your soul and the Savior.
Time is short. Make sure you are right before Him.
Nothing is more vital, and more important.

Don't live a life of regret. Live one driven by
the Love of God and the peace that passes all
understanding.

Love
millie


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Lean on, trust and be confident in the Lord with
all your heart and mind, and do not rely on your own
insight or understanding.

IN all your ways know, recognize and acknowledge
Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain
your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

I"d Rather Have Jesus
Lyrics By Rhea F. Miller


I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand

Refrain:
Than to be the king of a vast domain,
Or be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
I’d rather be true to His holy name

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead

No comments: