Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Enjoy What You Have



Good Morning Dear Friends,

I am not going to write a very long note to you today,
the two articles below are so thought provoking,
they stand on their own, without much commentary from me.

Too many people spend too much time,
looking at what they don't have,
thinking about themselves and their problems,
and not noticing what they do have.
They do not focus enough on our purpose in
God. Reaching others for Christ.

Being a disciple of Christ, by our words and deeds.

We have a higher calling than spending our
time feeling sorry for ourselves. We have a purpose
in Christ, no matter what is going on in our lives.
The best way to get past self reflection, feeling sorry
and depression, is to go out and do something
for someone less fortunate than yourself.

Someone may need your touch today, or
your prayers, or a word of encouragement.

If we as Christians don't pray for them,
and don't reach out to them,
and don't notice them, who will?

Love
millie

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



When I Whine

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair
I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch
But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy
The lad who sold it had such charm
I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind"
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.


Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue
He stood and watched the others play
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 ears, the world is mine.


With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I would know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Life Is a Gift

Today before you say an unkind word -
Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today before you complain about life -
Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before you complain about your children -
Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.

Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep -
Think of the people who are living in the streets.

Before whining about the distance you drive
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job -
Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

But before you think of pointing the
finger or condemning another -
Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down -
Put a smile on your face and thank GOD you're alive and still around

My own thought: Forgive easily, even if people do not ask,
love others, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow,
you will be remembered, not for the money you earn,
or the things you own, but how you treat others.
Life is your gift, make it count, be a light.

Let your light so shine before men that they see your
good works and glorify your Father in heaven.










No comments: