Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Thrones, Who Is On Yours?

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been learning some valuable lessons
personally. I thought I might share a couple
of them. As you know I often write on chat rooms.
To me they are a small sampling of what the
real world is like. The difference is, that in
chat rooms, people hide behind a screen name,
and often say things they would never say to
your face. It makes them brave in unspeakable,
thoughtless, unkind ways. And then in the next
breath they say how much they love God, and
how perfect their church is.

Last night I sat and watched the room I was in
discuss works Vs grace. For the 1000th time.
Do works save, or does Jesus save? This
was the question of the hour. Same crowd,
same discussion, different day.

I finally got fed up. I said you know what,
the people who argue the most over works
in here, are in here for hours daily. Many hours,
not just 3 or 4. They argue constantly about their
church, their need to do good works to make
it to heaven, but probably are not even out doing
them. How can you have time to improve your
spiritual life, go out and do "works" if you
spend your entire life in a chat room?

Often the most vehement arguing over
religion is by people who are sorely lacking
in love for their brothers and sisters
in Christ. They have a spirit of religiosity
and condescension and not of love.

Friends, we as Christians have serious issues
in these days and times. We are not taking
God seriously enough in our own personal lives.
We are not facing our own faults and failures
and working on them daily to grow in Christ.
What we tend to do is sit around and look
at each others faults and failures.

I was reading in a commentary last night
about how comfortable Jesus was hanging
around sinners. He had no problem with it.
Because He was telling them how to have
a new life. How to be forgiven. He was
loving to them. He was teaching them, even
though they were living in sin, there was a way
out, and He loved them where they were, and
wanted to help them find forgiveness, healing,
and a new walk in the freedom of His forgiveness.

He knew once they found salvation, they would
grow in Him and change those things that
needed to be changed in their hearts and lives.
He just wanted them to come to Him, the
rest would work out as they grew in Him.

Many Christians would rather sit and point
fingers at sinners (which we all are) rather than
spending time loving them and talking to them
about God. Not preaching "at" them, but
telling them what God has done in your life.
Your testimony can be powerful! God has
redeemed us all from sins, and we have all
had to make changes if we wanted to grow
in Him.

There are no perfect people, we should
stop putting ourselves in that category,
and everyone else outside of it. That is
not what God is calling us to do!

Why do we do that which does not profit
the kingdom of God? Why do we sit daily
and look for the flaws in each other,
rather than praying, God lead me to some
soul today, and love that soul through me,
and may I humbly do my part, to love that
soul to thee.

As I was sitting with someone in the family
recently who is really challenging to me
to have a relationship with. I realized in
a 5 minute period I had torn them apart
mentally. I heard that still small voice say
to me: "Stop judging, stop judging, stop judging."
Three times I heard it said.

Each time I started to think something negative
I would hear it repeated again. It was a wake up
call. We do not realize how much we sit
and make snap judgments about each other
all day long. I have remembered that lesson
everyday. And as thoughts come to me
about someone, I would knock off the judging.
We have got to change our mindset, so
we can truly be a witness, and not a faultfinder.

Don't look at me with innocent eyes. We all do it.
Even about our husbands and wives, our children,
our pastors, people on the news, our neighbors,
people we see on the streets, that we think
don't come up to our standards.

Hey ... are you coming up to God's standards?
Get that fixed first. Don't worry about the
splinter in someone else's eye. Get the log
out of your own. If we spend time working
our own spiritual life, it will be so consuming,
and we will have so much work to do, it
will take a lifetime of humbling ourselves,
feeding ourselves God's word, seeking His
will, and who He would have us to talk to.
That we won't have time for this petty
bickering, and constant judging, and unsanctified
thought life.

My friends, we must be about our Father's business.
If we do not, who will? Don't argue with people
about works, just do them. Don't look for the fault
in your brother's life. Look for your own.
Don't sit and judge someone's spiritual life,
judge your own.

Pray without ceasing, and seek God's face.
And humble yourself, and look for the people
who need ministering to, and love them, and
pray for them, and do unto them, as you
would have them do unto you.

love always
millie

Ps.. Remember God is to be on our throne.
Not ourselves. He must increase, but we must
decrease. Humble yourselves before Him, find
peace, rest and growth in His presence daily.


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Beloved, let us love one another; for love is
of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God,
and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth
not God; for God is love.
1 John 4:7,8

My little children, let us not love in word,
neither in tongue but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:18

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love
one another.
1 John 4:11

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Lead Me to Some Soul Today


Words by Will H. Houghton
Music by Wendell P. Loveless

Lead me to some soul today
O teach me, Lord, just what to say
Friends of mine are lost in sin
And cannot find their way
Few there are who seem to care
And few there are who pray
Melt my heart and fill my life
Give me one soul today




´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



Just walk it.
Just talk it.
Just preach it.
Just teach it.
Just tell it.
Just live it.
Just give it.
Just wear it.
Just share it.
Just shout it.
Just sing it.
Just proclaim it.
Just prove it.
JUST DO IT.
Live For Jesus!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Millie, I recently sang LEAD ME TO SOME SOUL TODAY in church, but since there is only one verse, I added another one. It is:

Give me boldness, Lord, to speak;
And help me, Father, souls to seek.
Let me be all I must be
To draw someone to Thee.
Loved ones still aren't in the fold;
Off from Jesus - so cold. (So cold)
Gather, Lord, your harvest true,
Let me win souls for you.
Virginia Hite Quibodeaux