Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

The Triumphal Entry


copyright 4/13/2003

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only
begotten Son, that whosoever would believe in Him,
would not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

He is coming, I can see Him, quickly, gather the
Palm branches, let us let Him know how our hearts
cry out within us. Jesus is Coming. I hear the steps of
the donkey carrying Him upon the rocky road.
The Lamb of God is coming
to see us!

Excitement stirred through the crowd. Many had
come to know Him as their Savior. And had heard
the wisdom of His voice. He had looked them in
their eyes, and seen all they had ever done.
And loved them anyway!

When He looked in
your eyes, it was as if the world faded out, and
a crisp wind whispered through your soul.
Stirring, cleansing, seeing all. And offering
a fresh start. He saw me, and knew my heart,
and loved me in spite of what He saw within me.
His compassion fell upon me,
and He healed me of all my diseases,
and washed away all my sins. He loves me!
I am free of the darkness and despair.
I am free of the sin and the heavy burdens.
Alive with Christ!

Who am I that Jesus should love me this much?

Here, he comes! And the crowd becomes quiet,
worshipful, expectant! Jesus moves through the crowd,
and even though many are gathered there,
each one feels as if He sees them only. There
is great peace here. It is as if the songs of
angels are filling the air, and the birds fly in
joy through the air, crying the King of Kings has come.
All creation speaks of His glory.

Many months have gone by since Jesus first came,
and told of the Kingdom of heaven. And brought hope
to the world. Many people had demons cast out,
many had been healed of their diseases. Some had
even been raised from the dead. Surely this man
was from God, His only son, sent here for you and me.

How can I comprehend so great a love?
No one ever loved me enough to die for me!
No one ever loved me when I was so unlovable,
and my heart so wicked and full of sin.
Most people run the other way, but Jesus...
His hand is upon me, and His voice stills the
beating of my heart. I am comforted beyond
measure, and strengthened beyond hope.

As Jesus gazed at the crowd, his eyes filled with
compassion for the gathering of the dear saints
who had found Him as their Savior. And His heart
filled with sadness for those on the outside of the
crowd who rejected this great salvation He had to
offer. These would soon come to take Him, and
lead Him to a certain death.

He would soon enter the Via Delarosa. The way of Pain.
He knew the heaviness of the journey ahead.

But now.. for today, He was here, and it was time
to celebrate. Blessed is He who comes in the name
of the Lord! The King of Israel!

His hand is held out ... I feel His eyes rest upon me,
I know now...I see so clearly. I am truly loved.
Oh Jesus, how beautiful is the day that you have
come to this village. How blessed are you above
all that has breath. How glorious is your mercy,
and how precious is your love towards us.
Let everything that has breath praise The Lord!

He has come!

I reach out to Jesus receiving his blessing and prayer.
Suddenly I am humbled and broken, realizing the
preciousness of the presence of the son of God.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent
the Son to be the Savior of the world.
1 John 4:14

And my spirit has rejoiced in God MY Savior.
Luke 1:47

For the Son of Man has come to seek and save that
which was lost.
Luke 19:10

Heavenly Father, In the name of Jesus,
I ask you to come into my heart, and forgive me of
my sins, and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
I give my heart, soul and mind to you, and will follow
you all the days of my life. I will leave behind the sins
of this world, and the habits of this world, and follow your
teachings. My heart and mind and lips will praise your name,
and I will tell of your love to everyone. I will seek your
will above all else, and I will talk to you often, fervently,
and declare that Jesus is Lord!
Jesus has come just for me, I am bought with a price!
Cleansed by the blood of the Lamb.
I am truly loved, truly forgiven.

Hallelujah, what a Savior!
I rejoice in, and receive this gift of Salvation,
and I shall live in your presence, and for your Glory
for the rest of my days upon this earth.
I thank you for your death, resurrection, and the hope
that you bring. I am your child, and You are My
Savior and Lord.

In Jesus precious Name.
Amen

No comments: