Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Standing On The Promises

Good Morning Everyone,

There are times when it seems God is silent.
Our prayers unanswered.
Our burdens crowding our mind
and our hearts torn with grief and loneliness.

It is in these times, when we must stand
on the promises of God, rather than just
living on the premises. We have to have faith.

Faith is:
believing the answer is on the way even
when we cannot see it.
It is believing God has our best interests
at heart, that He knows our yesterdays
sees our tomorrow's, and can see what
is best for us, we have to trust in that.
Faith is reaching into Gods word and
receiving it, allowing it to seep into
our spirit and clinging to it for all we are worth
so that it may encourage and strengthen us.

Faith is trusting in God's ability, not ours.
It is in knowing that there is Higher power than
ours, a Higher way than ours, a Heavenly Father,
an advocate, a precious strength and comfort.

We then, when standing on his promises,
must release these heavy burdens we were
never meant to bear. Peel our fingers off of them,
lay them sacrificially at his feet, and don't pick them
up and count them as if they were money stacked
on a table. Don't feed your burdens, because
they will become larger than you can bear.

Instead ... give them away. Even if you must
pray that 50 times a day until you get in the
habit of leaving them at his feet, and moving on,
trusting, and resting ... resting ... not picking them up.

My friends, this is spiritual discipline.

Even on the days when my heart is overwhelmed,
my body rebelling and in terrible pain, I know
who my Savior is, I know He loves me, and
I know He wants to be the Dad, and He wants
me to be the child, and go out into the day
and enjoy it and invest it in the lives of others,
not fritter it away on sorrow.

Looking back on my lifetime, the days I wasted
on sorrow, never were profitable. They robbed
me of every good thing, especially my joy.

That is what satan wants, to rob us of our joy.

He wants to rob us of our joy, and to keep
the word of God out of our minds, hearts
and lives. If He can keep us from reading
the word, he will keep us in despair
and feeling hopeless. The word is God's
reality, lack of it is mans loss of hope.

Will you let satan rob you? Recognize
when he is doing this. Rebuke him. Don't receive it.
Instead get into the word, find promises that
relate to you, and speak them out loud, pray them,
and trust them. God's word is powerful, it is alive
it will change the atmosphere in your home,
it will change the mindset you have, it will change
your spiritual life.

We have to grow. No matter how hard things are,
there is good and there are blessings in each day.

Trust me ... this is the hardest lesson. But the
sweetest and most rewarding. God loves me, wants what
is best for me, and is watching over me. I need to
receive that and take joy in it, and make the
best of my day.

love
millie

Ps. I can choose to live in despair
Or I can choose to dwell in prayer.
**************************************


Why worry about tomorrow
And the rising of the sun,
Or anguish over past mistakes
That cannot be undone?

Why waste life's precious moments
On things that bruise the heart
When today is ours to fashion
Into a work of art?

Today comes but once, my friend,
It never can return _
So use it wisely while you can,
There's a lesson you may learn.

Let history record the past
And tomorrow come what may.
Be content to do your best
With what you have today!

~ Clay Harrison ~

*********************************************

When God is Silent
Author: Unknown

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret -- it leads only to evil" Psalm 37:7-8, NIV.

John (not his real name) realized that his marriage wasn't all that it could be, but he and Mary were in counseling so John was confident that their marriage would survive and be stronger than ever.

Wrong. John was devastated when Mary informed him that she didn't love him and never would. Tragically time proved that she meant it.

John said that he always believed with faith in God, hope, persistence, qualified counseling help, and hard work pretty much any problem could be resolved.

Wrong again. Eventually John and Mary were divorced after which John experienced an intense "silence of God -- dark night of the soul."

So what do you do when you are committed to and trusting God and your world falls apart?

As John put it, "As hurt, baffled and confused as I was, I clung to my faith. I had nothing else to cling to. But today, several years later, I am a much different man. My shattered dreams and God's silence were God's wake-up call for me. I realized that I had many unresolved personal problems from my past that I needed to face and resolve. I also realized that the only person I could ever change was me. I'm still learning and growing but I am healthier today spiritually, emotionally and physically than I was when I was in my 30s.

Through my own personal journey I would agree with John. Who wants to change and grow when everything is going great? Certainly not me because change and growth are often very painful. Facing one's reality can also be a painful experience. But it's only as we face and accept our personal problems and character issues, that we can bring them to God and safe people for healing.

When God seems silent, if we stand still and listen with our heart, in time we will realize that God has been speaking the loudest to us. Strange? Yes, but true.

"Dear God, thank you for the times when I felt you were silent and deserted me, for I now realize that you allowed me to go through pain and disappointment to help me face my personal problems and grow. Thank you that you loved and accepted me as I was but loved me too much to leave me as I was. Gratefully in Jesus' name. Amen."


"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." -Psalm 34:4


Standing On The Promises,

written by John Kelso Carter, 1886
Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

No comments: