Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One Day At A Time




Good Morning Everyone,


When life overwhelms us we need to take
a snapshot of it. And say I realize this
is just one day in time, and this too shall pass.

I have been through hard times before and
made it through, and I grew and learned from them,
survived them and overcame them, and I shall
survive and overcome this too.

One step at a time, one day at a time.

We only have to live in today.
Yesterday is gone, we must let go to enjoy today.
Tomorrow is yet unwritten, it is in God's hands,
leave it there!

But today is a gift, to invest or fritter away.
It is what is within our reach and our hands.

Take one step at a time, one hour at a time,
and make the day the best you can.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

And God's peace (be yours, that tranquil state of
a soul assured of its salvation through Christ,
so that fearing nothing from God and content
with its early lot of whatever sort that is, that
peace) which transcends all understanding,
shall GARRISON and mount guard over your
hearts and MINDS in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

Just Trust.

love
millie

In him we live and move and have our being.
Make it full of the light of Christ and not
the darkness of fear or despair.

Just Trust.


********************************************

One Day At A Time

One day at a time, with its failures and fears
With its hurts and mistakes, with its
weakness and tears,
With its portion of pain and its burden of care,
One day at a time we must meet and we must bear.

One day at a time to be patient and strong;
To be calm under trial and sweet under wrong,
Then its toiling shall pass and its sorrow shall cease;
It shall darken and die, and the night shall bring
peace.

One day at a time, but the day is so long,
And the heart is not brave, and the soul is not strong,
O Thou pitiful Christ, be Thou Near all the way,
Give courage and patience and strength for the day.

( A poem laid inside my fathers Bible
I found after his death, he Got the Bible
in the 70s, and he lived by this poem,
and the concept of
Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last.
My fathers life was a testimony to persistence
in faith, and it still encourages my spirit to
remember how he lived, and how Christ lived
in Him. There is no heritage greater)


********************************************



Stepping Stones
Author: Unknown

The Lord came to me like a dream one
day and asked, "why do you sorrow?"
I answered, "Lord my life is so full of
pain, I can't face one more tomorrow."

The Lord sat down beside me, and
gently took my hand. He said, "Let me
explain to you and then you'll
understand.

Each sorrow is a stepping stone
you must surmount each day,
And every stepping stone you climb
is a sorrow that's passed away.

The road of life is a mountainside,
with crevices in which to be caught,
But as you struggle on your way,
I the Rock, will lend support.

Every stepping stone you climb,
makes spirit and heart grow strong.
Exercising character and faith
this road seems painful and long.

The way is paved with stepping stones,
to uplift your heart and soul,
Though difficult they aid your way,
to a City paved with gold.

I know that you are tired,
for I too have walked this way,
My sorrows did they multiply,
but I cleared many stones away.

I left my rock to lift you up,
I left behind my story.
To give you strength to make your climb,
to that special place in glory.

And never fear, the Rock is here,
You'll never climb this mountain alone
Surmount life's sorrows, continue on,
For they are but stepping stones.

No comments: