Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reflections


Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I decided to forego the regular
inspiration and just share a few things from my heart.

First I have spent a lot of time thinking about the letters
I get from you. Over the years it has been a remarkable
journey to receive letters from people and watch their
spiritual growth, the changes, the challenges they
go through, and then the peace they find during
these times. It isn't easy, it is always a struggle,
yet, I see such courage and persistence in your
desire to seek God and put Him first in your life,
and allow Him to move and have being in you.

When I was growing up my Father had a plaque on
his wall that said" Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what is done for Christ will last". My dad
lived by that creed, and was a gentle, kind,
unselfish being, who blessed everyone who met him.
That poem etched itself in my heart from a early age,
and so it is I use it at the end of each of my devotions
in dedication first off to God my Father, and then
to my earthly dad who taught me the way to find God,
and lived a life that mattered, and was a testimony
to the power and saving grace of Jesus Christ.

One of my members once wrote to me:
Millie - you have embedded these words in my heart
and soul. Someone else wrote a dear letter saying
we can always count on you to show us the rainbow
through the storm.

That is my desire. To embed the words of
Christ in your heart, to minister to you daily, that
you may grow in his strength, and wisdom and
knowledge, and not stay in the same place spiritually,
that you will find your stride in His walk for you,
not your own desires. That He is your source,
oh how we all desperately need Him daily.

This last year, among other recent years has
been such a challenging year. My husband
had his 6th heart attack, and again another
surgery to correct a heart bypass. After he recovered
from that he fell and broke his arm in three places
right by the shoulder, where they were unable to
do surgery on him, or even put a cast on, and oh
how he suffered with that. When he healed from
that, he dropped a pan of hot boiling oil on both
legs and got second degree burns. Sometimes
we felt as if we were waiting for the other shoe
to drop. Yet I have never seen my husband give
up, get discouraged, or say he couldn't deal
with things. No matter how bad he feels, everyday
he gets up and works out on the treadmill,
and eats a healthy diet, and has a remarkably
persistent attitude. It is a testimony to the power
to live, and to live well no matter the circumstances
you face.

Life has taught me many lessons. I have not
had a easy adult life at all, and yet each thing, has
taught me how to focus on God first, and how I really
controlled so little. How unimportant it was to carry
my worries around like a flag waving them at people
saying Oh look at what I am going through. You see,
we are all going through things.. the question is
what are we going to do about it?

Cave in or get up and fight?
Dwell in the sorrow or grief of the situation or
go out and find useful things to fill our minds,
and days with, by ministering first to others,
rather than ourselves. God needs volunteers.
He needs useful hands, he doesn't need people
who spend their life focusing on the worries
and sorrows, who never rise above their situation.
He has a higher calling on all of us.

So as this new year comes in, I ask each of
you to take a moment, and talk to God. Ask Him
how He wants you to invest this coming year. Ask
Him what you need to change. And what He has
for you to do. And then.. seek it daily. Don't make
it like new years resolutions that fall by the wayside.

Your spiritual life is the most important thing in your life!

Remember only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last.

All the works, all the times we spend, all the money we
invest, all of this counts for nothing if Christ is not in it.

What will you be remembered for? You can change that
if you are not happy with it now. Change who you are,
the core of your being. Address your issues, one by
one and allow God to remold you as you hand him
each thing in prayer and submission.

I love you all dearly, and count it a joy and a privilege
to have the opportunity to come in your home each day.
It is so utterly humbling, and I do feel very accountable for
each thing I say, and try to always base it on God's word,
not my own. Even though I do like to share my
experiences and all I went through and how I worked
past them, just as you have done with me.

Thank you for being my friends, for your lovingkindness
and your faithfulness to read my mail.

God bless each of you
Encourage you in your walk
Keep you safe from harm,
and draw you to a higher plain of thinking
this coming year, that you may be all He has
called you to be, so that others may see Jesus
in you and long to have Him in their lives.

Be a light. Someone you know today, needs
Jesus. Be his light, his hand extended. Nothing
matters more.

love always
millie

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not
unto your own understanding. IN all your ways,
acknowledge Him, and HE Shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: