Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Pleasant Path



Good Morning Everyone,

Whether the sun is rising where you are, or beginning
to set. You have been given a day to enjoy
and to fill up with either success or failure.
Hope or despair, love or unforgiveness and hatred.
You have been given a gift to invest in your own
way, with your own mindset, and your own planning.

How is that working for you?

The Bible is fairly clear on it. It says what we
sow we reap. If we sow (plant) seeds of kindness
those will grow up and kiss us with the joy of
past relationships filled with mercy. If we sow
hope and the word of God into lives of others,
we can look back on a life that was satisfying
in our ministry to others spiritual life.
If we sow joy, we will reap peace in our hearts.

Life can be satisfying or bitter.

I tell you this. I have been alive 60 years this
coming April, and I have learned so much from
this journey.

The law of reciprocity is true. What you give
and put into life is what will come back and
either haunt you or bless you.

Remember this: (a saying I penned)
The good days are a blessing,
The bad days are our teachers.

It is all a choice. All will have problems,
ups, downs, failures and triumphs.
We all have choices on how to deal with it
face it and invest our lives.

What will your choices be? And when you get
old will you be satisfied looking back?

Make your life a garden that is pleasing to God,
and brings you the reward of time well and lovingly
invested.

love
millie

ps. You do your part, God will lead the way
and provide the means.. you just need to be open
to his movement, instruction and will in your life!
He will provide!

Do not earnestly remember the former things, neither
consider the things of old. Behold I am doing a new thing
(in you) now it springs forth; do you not perceive and
know it, and will you not give heed to it? I will
even make a way in the wilderness and
rivers in the desert!
Isaiah 43:18, 19



Life Stretches Us and We Enlarge

Author: Anonymous


"I am thankful for the gift of life, for the opportunity to breathe and move and see, for the invisible energy that lovingly beats my heart.

"I am thankful for the opportunity to give to and receive from those around me. I am grateful for the privacy of my thoughts, for the freedom to think whatever I wish. I deeply appreciate the little pleasures and joys of life--the sound of children at play, the movement of clouds, the touch of loved ones, the early morning fragrance of dew-kissed roses.

"I am thankful for all the unavoidable hurts, setbacks, disappointments, and times of deep pain--for these teach me patience, humility, and endurance. I do not seek suffering, but when it comes I accept it as a friend who guides, imparts wisdom, and teaches of rising above pain.

"I appreciate all the people in my life--those dear ones who comfort me and cheer me on, and those who so creatively challenge my patience, kindness and self-control. Without such people, how would I ever learn to grow in understanding, strength and compassion?

"I am grateful for all those who have gone before me, giving of their lives, creativity and love. I am thankful for the food that sustains my body, for gentle smiles and the music of laughter, for the colorful faces of wayside flowers. I give thanks for the springtime breezes, for the warm caress of the sun, the winter's blanket of white, the soft glow of moonlit nights, and the pitter-patter of raindrops upon the parched earth.

"I accept loss and death, and give thanks for the deepening of my spirit they bring. I am thankful for my growing sense of inner calmness, trust and faith that gives me assurance in the face of the unknown. I deeply appreciate the wondrous gift of friendship, the Friend behind all friends, and the delight of quietly, invisibly putting others first.

"So very deeply, I appreciate the warmth of love in my heart that silences my fears, guides me, and fills me with optimism about the future. With grateful anticipation, I embrace the unfolding adventure and mystery of life. I am grateful for the yet-to-be-discovered opportunities and delights that are sure to come my way.

"I am thankful for the glory of this *present* moment, and for the unfolding of each new moment. And I am thankful for my thankfulness -- for the gift of gratitude -- and the clarity, strength and joy it bestows."

A Kentucky gentleman who prefers to remain anonymous wrote this poem... A man of great wisdom and insight.



"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." - Psalm 100:4

1 comment:

Emmie said...

such nice words.... i really loved all that u have expressed... its so meaningful and inspiring.... i would love to drop by your blog again... u can too visit My Friendship Blog sometimes ... hope u will find it interesting...!!!