Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thought Patterns


As you wake up today, and have been given this new day let the first words from your heart be words of thanks to the Lord Jesus. It does make a difference.

Have you ever noticed how your thinking processes are first thing in the morning? I have a secret to tell you,the way you think in the morning sets the tone for your thinking for the whole day. It is a proven fact, that those who suffer with depression, start it first thing in the morning.It is entirely due to the things we focus on, and allow in our spirit.

I suffered from severe chronic, black depression for years. It was horrible. It got so bad,that it was like a black cloud enveloping me, and I couldn't fight it. It robbed me of my time, my relationships, and of meaningful things I could have done in my life.Because in the morning I got up and thought first thing about how sad my life was. I thought about all my problems,how no one probably loved me, how my life would not get better, how disappointed I was in people and circumstances, how had life had been, I fed my mind these thoughts within minutes of rising out of bed.

One day, I realized how I was programming myself, and I started learning to think different. It didn't happen over night, but I took steps to stop this destructive thinking. If depression reared its ugly head, or unkind thoughts, or thoughts of grief, or any other heavy thoughts, I would say, no.. I am not going there today. Today I am taking the day off, I am just going to enjoy the day, and not worry about any of my problems, and I am going to instead enjoy the day.

The problems might still be happening, but it doesn't mean I need to entertain them, and feed them breakfast,lunch and dinner in my own mind.

And little by little I overcame that depression completely.It took patience, prayer, and dedicated desire to change my thinking patterns, but one step at a time,I did it.The remarkable thing, now when I wake up, I notice things I never had time to before. Other people, the skies of blue, the song of birds, the needs of others, and my precious family. My family, who for years missed out on my company because I was in the corner licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself.

Praise God he delivered me from this dark, lonely, self-focusing world of depression.

Friends.. nothing is impossible with God. Don't set limits on Him because of your circumstances. Let Him set the circumstances within His perfect will, and you go out and find the good in each day. Count your blessings and not your sorrows. Life is short, don't fritter it away on unhappy thoughts.

Enjoy what you have:)

love always

millie

**********************************************************

Dear God, today I leave my problems at your feet,I will let you work them out, and I am going to find the joy in this day. I am going to look for the blessings of the day, and say a prayer of thanks to you for what I do have. Forgive me Father for allowing depression, or sorrow,or anger, or unforgiveness to rule my spirit. I confess those things and ask you to heal my wounded spirit,and help me to learn new ways to live.Help me to leave the past behind, so that whatever time I have upon this earth, may be spent in usefulness and the joy of the Lord. Fully knowing no matter whatI face ahead, you will take care of it. I love you Father God and give you all the praise and honor and glory.

In Jesus precious name,
Amen

****************************************************************

YOU SAY GOD SAYS BIBLE VERSES

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34)

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Nothing is too hard for God.
He says, Cast your care upon me, for I care for you.
1 Peter 5:7

No comments: