Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Long Walk

Good Morning Everyone,

As I read this story today, my heart was struck with the thought,
How far would we go to do something for Jesus.

I remember as a child, having various missionaries come to
our church and tell us about their work in foreign missions,
and the stories always fascinated me and inspired my heart
to do more for God. Often they brought me to tears, and a
longing to make a difference in this world.

I remember often praying God show me where you
want me to go and what you want me to do and I will follow you.

My young heart did not realize the full extent of that commitment.
Sometimes the cares and responsibilities of this life kept me tied
down from those great goals I had longed to achieve. Yet one
day I realized in the small and quiet corners of the day, we can
make a difference in the lives of others, by listening, by encouraging,
by praying for someone or even giving them something to minister
to their needs, whether, food, clothing, or a book to speak to their heart.

But my question to you is, how far are you willing to go to do as God asks?
What if it is inconvenient, are you willing to give up your time, or energy
or even your pride to humble yourself and go do as God asks today?

My friend, this is what it is about. In Romans 12:1-2 it tells us this is
our reasonable service, to make our bodies a living sacrifice to Christ.
Have you done this? Is He really Lord of your life, or a background
figure you call on when you have a need. We are to be new in
Christ, walking with him daily, talking to him and doing his will.

These are questions we all face and must answer, and they are so
vital, because we only have this one life. We are to be his hand
extended to others. My precious friend, take time to pray to God
today, rededicate yourself to Him and ask Him what he would have you
do, and then follow through. Even if the road is long and difficult.
It is what you are called to do, and the rewards are great,
and the people you are called to minister to, may have no one else
listening to God to come to them. What a great responsibility.

Make sure you are really following Him. Someone's soul
may hang in the balance. Someone who desperately needs prayer
today may not get it if you do not do it.

love
millie.

I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of all
the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies -
presenting all your members and faculties - as a living sacrifice,
holy (devoted , consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your
reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world to its external, superficial
customs. But be transformed (changed) by the entire renewal
of your mind - by its new ideals and its new attitude - so that you may
prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God,
even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect in His
sight for you.
Romans 12:1-2


"A Long Walk"

In a remote village in Central America the word got out among thepeoples of the region that one of the American missionaries that had served this country for many years was about to return to the US to live our the remaining years of her life.The nationals desired to honor her for her years of service with a public time of appreciation. News of the event went to all parts of the country in which the missionary was known to the people.

One very old and very poor man walked to the ceremony over mountainous terrain for 4 days to bring his gift to the missionary.The gift consisted of 2 coconuts, but it was all the man had.

The missionary recognized the man as coming from the remote village in the mountains."Brother, I cannot believe that you would walk so far to present me with this gift," said the missionary to the man.

His response? "Long walk part of gift."

--Author Unknown

No comments: