Pages

Sunday, July 05, 2009

He Is Still In Control! Trust!

copyright Millie Plastaras 3/3/2003

My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;
I have spoken it,
I will also bring it to pass;
I have purposed it,
I will also do it!
Isaiah 46:10b,11B

Recently our family has faced new challenges,
and from the mail I get, I see many of you out
there are going through your own struggles in
many areas. Sometimes we can feel overwhelmed
when it all comes to mind. So when things were
on my mind a lot.. I know I need to pray.

So as I sat praying, and seeking the Lord,
I heard Him say, I am still God.
Do you doubt me, is there anything too hard for me?

I have not changed. I am still in control.
I still am with you when you go through deep waters.
I am still with you in the night watches when illness
closes in and pain overwhelms. I am there with you
even then. I am with you when there is not enough
money to go around, I see your need, and will supply.
There is nothing too hard for me.
No matter what need shall arise, I am there.
I was there before the foundations of the world,
I shall never leave you nor forsake you.

I am still God!

I kept thinking all day about that phrase.
I am still God!

How quickly we tend to forget. We let the cares of
this life, guilt or hurt from the past rob us from the
presence of God, and from enjoying today.

I ask you this my friend, Is He not still God?
What does that mean to you? Is He a 9/11 God you
only pray to in emergencies.. just in case he might answer?
Or do you recognize the God of the Universe who is
all powerful and created all things, yet is mindful of
every hair on your head, and every need you have,
every place you have ever been, every word you have
ever said. Yet his love and mercies are new every
morning. Who else loves you like this?

Are you making God too small?

Fear not, for I have redeemed you,
I have called you by your name.
You are mine!
(hallelujah)
When you pass through the waters, I WILL be with you,
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be
burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I AM the Lord your God.
Isaiah 43:1-3

So why do we forget He is still God.
Why do we try to put Him in a little box
of predictability? Why do we try to control our
own situation? And why do we not seek to
control our thinking?

God is God, nothing is impossible with Him.
His promises are endless to those who seek
His face and do His will..

For the Lord God will help me, therefore I will not
be confounded; therefore I have set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
Isaiah 50:7

God will help us. If we do not feel His provision and
promises, if we feel we are in a desert, we need to
go to prayer. If you pray. And then you are still
and just sit in His presence, He is there. He will
speak to your heart. But you have to be listening.
And you have to be His. In the stillness of those
moments we find refreshing and comfort.
Our Abba Father is on the throne.

Even when we feel utterly alone, and abandoned.
He is there. His mercies are new every morning.
This alone should refresh us! Each day is
bright, clean and new. Yesterday and
it's hurts are gone. Yesterday' s sorrows are gone.
Today is a new day, a new day to seek God,
and see what He can do in our lives.

Do not dwell in the pit of sorrows, or the
anguish of your problems. Do not allow your
head to be downcast. Look unto the clouds.
From whence comes your help.
Your help comes from the Lord God
who made heaven and earth!

Therefore you are my witnesses says the Lord,
That I AM GOD.
Indeed before the day was , I AM HE.
and there is no one who can deliver out of my hand.
I work, and who will reverse it?
Isaiah 43:12-13

My friend. Is He not still God?
Are you trying to make him small, by your
doubting and Fears?
He is almighty God.
Praise Him saints.

He is still on the throne.

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary, and
they shall walk and shall not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly
wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:26

But if we hope for that we see not,
then we do with patience wait for it. (this is called faith)
Romans 8:25

Hallelujah. He is still God.

JUST TRUST.

remember
Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last

No comments: