Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Perspective on Circumstances

Let my mouth be filled with the praise and with thy honour all
the day. But I will HOPE CONTINUALLY, and will
yet praise thee more and more.
Psalm 71: 8, 14


Good Morning Everyone,

What a wonderful lesson this is for us today.

Ever feel kind of jealous that someone else has more
than you, or looks better, or has better clothes?
Ever think someone has a better life than you?

That is because you are not living their life.
You truly have no clue what they must face daily,
or what kind of coping skills they have due to
their background, their way of thinking. Truly
we cannot understand someone else's life
until we have walked a mile in their shoes.

Sometime we go around whining about our
life,and feeling sorry for ourselves or our set of problems,
and we forget the blessings we have.

Each person has a gift, each person has daily
blessings, and were we to change places with
anyone else, I think we would find it very uncomfortable.
For we don't belong there, and we don't know how
to cope with what they are, where they have been, or what
they might be personally facing.

We might find their shoes don't fit very well,
and are painful to wear.

We need to learn to practice thankfulness daily.
In the Word it is called the sacrifice of praise.
We praise God no matter what our circumstances are.
And we learn to have a heart of thankfulness
rather than a heart of complaining.

Have you ever been around someone that was
negative and complained a lot? It is hard to be
around very long isn't it? Because it drains us,
and after while, becomes heavy to be around.
Do you think you ever get like that?

It is a good day to take stock of ourselves and
see if we need a attitude adjustment.
All of us do in some way. Ask the Lord to show you
what you need to change.

And be thankful for what you do have, stop
crying about what you don't, it won't change
anything, it will merely make you miserable.
Make this a good day by the thoughts you have,
and the activities you do, and what you allow
in your spirit.

Love
millie

By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise To
God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks
to His name
Hebrews 13:15

Ps. Remember that not only negative people can drain us,
but whatever we allow in our spirit, such as television programs,
books we read, activities we do. We need to take time daily
for positive input, and activities. It absolutely makes a difference
in the way your day goes. Look for that which is good, and
healthy and rebuke that which is evil, and full of despair
and hopelessness.



Remember nothing will happen today to you, that you
and God cannot together handle and overcome.


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


I Thank God for My Shoes - They Fit

I woke up one day and I realized that there were many things about my life I was not satisfied with or better still, there were challenges that were threatening my soul. And I said to myself, "Why should anyone envy me and
want to be in my shoes." They don't know how far I've come, they don't know what lies ahead of me, and neither do they know how dissatisfied I get with myself from time to time.


People don't know the troubles that you've had or the price you had to get to where you are. All they want to know is that they wish they were like you.

Why should you wish you were in anybody's shoes when you hardly know how they fit?

When you've worn your shoes for a while, they take the shape of your feet and align to the way you walk.

If you were to wear my shoes, you will not be comfortable in them.

So I stopped wishing that I am in someone else shoes because it might not fit; rather I thank God for my shoes, because they fit!

Lord I thank you for my shoes, for they fit ME!!

Author: Unknown
sent in by Gale

No comments: