Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

On Being Grateful

Good Morning Everyone,

Blessed be the Lord, Who daily LOADS US with benefits.
The God of our Salvation.
Psalm 68:19

As I read this verse this morning, I thought about how very
ungrateful most of us are. We don't notice the benefits,
we notice what we think God SHOULD be doing in our own
way of thinking.

God you need to pay my bills off.
God you need to make everyone like me.
God you need to make my job stress free.
God please make all my kids perfect.
God let me have perfect health all my life.
God I do not want any problems.
God please make my life a rose garden.

Where in is the respect and honor for God no matter what our
circumstances are? Where is the counting our blessings and
not our sorrows?

I have to say, almost everyone I know, including myself is guilty
of this. We fight this battle in our mind daily thinking and dwelling
on what we do not have, and what we think we should have
and not even noticing what is within our hands that we do have!

My precious friend do you have a ungrateful heart?
Is it prospering you? Do you feel peace? Do you feel thankful
no matter what your circumstances?

Are your circumstances controlling your thinking?
Or is your faith ruling your thinking?

Profound thoughts aren't they? These are needful things
we need to address daily.

Dear God, please give me a heart of thanks. That I may
look around me daily and thank you for the many benefits
that I do have. For your loving care over me, for loving me
and sending your son to die for me. Thank you that I have
a change of clothes, more than one meal today, and a roof
over my head. Many in the world do not have this.
Thank you that I live in a country where I can go to the church
of my choice and worship you freely. Thank you for your precious
Word to guide me daily. Thank you for forgiving my sins. Thank
you for all the times you have worked through my circumstances
to bring good out of evil. Thank you for the provision and love
you have always given me.

I give you all the praise and honor and glory and humble
myself before you in praise and worship.

Help me to be a light with a thankful heart, so people long
for a relationship with you, and not run the other way because
I am always upset or always in despair.

Help me to be a overcomer, and not feel sorry for myself one
more hour of one more day.

In Jesus name,
Amen

love always
millie

When a persons steps follow the Lord, God is pleased with
his ways. If he stumbles, he will not fall, because the Lord
holds His hand. I was young, and now I am old, but I have never
seen good people left helpless or their children begging for food.
Psalm 37:23-25

2 comments:

Carole Devecka said...

Dear Millie,
I love Millie's Inspirations. Could you please add me to your mailing lists...Thank you I appreciate every word you write. They are so true....May God continue to bless you with insight and touching people's hearts.
Carole Devecka

Carole Devecka said...

Dear Millie,
I love your words and your insights into people's hearts. Please add me to your mailing list.
May God continue to bless your work and your trusting heart.
Sincerely,
Carole Devecka
God Given Daisies