Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Imitators of God

Good Morning Everyone,

It is a easy thing to say I love you, but I am
wondering today about the depth of those words.
When we tell God we love him, is it conditional?

God I will love you as long as things are going good for me.

God I will love you as long as you don't ask me to go
out and do anything big for you.

God I will love you as long as you don't ask me to sacrifice
anything for you.

God I will love you as long as you don't ask me to forgive
that person that hurt me so deeply, and to pray for them.

God I will love you until you ask me to start giving
my money to you, don't ask that, because I need all I have.

God just be there when I need you ok? Don't ask
me to go deeper, to live bolder for you, to witness
to everyone I meet, don't ask me to be a example
of your love or forgiveness. Just let me be who I am ok?

Is this then the walk of a dedicated child of God called
unto holiness, who leaves the old life behind and becomes
new in Christ? The child of God whose life is no longer
their own but bought with a price? The precious blood
of Jesus, the Lamb of God who came to take away
the sins or the world!

My friends, there comes a point when we have to
grow in Christ. WE don't just stay in the same mindset
with the same habits, the same unforgiveness,
the same unwillingness to serve, and to sacrifice.

We have to grow and allow Christ to reign within us.
We have to seek His will first thing each day. We have
to feed upon His word and speak it to others who are
desperate for hope, and desperate for forgiveness
and desperate for a new way of life.

We hold the secret ... the power of Jesus to renew
and change and transform our lives. Are we living
that life? Do we mean business or is it lip service.

I ask you with all my heart to seek God today, ask
Him to convict you of the areas you are not giving
to Him. And seek to grow in Him.

You cannot be effective in any area of your spiritual
life, if you are withholding it from God.

A spiritual life can only be effective, when it is
given to Christ to mold, and make into a thing of
beauty for His sake, His Glory, His will, His work.

Do this day what He is asking. Make a bold new
step, use what He has given you, and surrender
what He no longer wants you to cling to.

Love
millie

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what is done, for Christ will last

Therefore be Imitators of God as dear children.
And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and
given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice
to God for a sweet smelling aroma.
Ephesians 5:1-2


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


A pastor and a soap maker went for a walk together. The soap maker said,
"what good is religion? Look at all the trouble and misery of the world!
Still there, even after years--thousands of years--of teaching about
goodness and truth and peace. Still there, after all the prayers and
sermons and teachings. If religion is good and true, why should this be?"

The pastor said nothing. They continued walking until he noticed a child
playing in the gutter. Then the pastor said, "Look at that child. You say
that soap makes people clean, but see the dirt on that youngster. Of what
good is soap? With all the soap in the world, over all these years, the
child is still filthy. I wonder how effective soap is, after all!" The soap
maker protested. "But, Pastor, soap cannot do any good unless it is used!"
"Exactly!" replied the pastor.

No comments: