Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007

The "Right" List, The "Right" Example




Good Morning Everyone,

Ever been around someone who really bugged you?
I mean if you spent enough time you could make
a list of what about them bugs you. Sometimes
people can be obnoxious, overbearing, say things
before they speak... they can really be annoying.

Question is: Should we be making lists?

I often write about my visits to chat rooms.
Sometimes I think people in there think they have
a throne, and they sit there and listen to people
for roughly two minutes and take their scepter
and touch someone on the head and say,
you are unworthy because you do not agree
with me, you have no value at all.

And often they do it in the name of Jesus!

Yet, the words of Jesus were so far from that.

Jesus said: But I say unto you, love your enemies!
Bless those who curse you, do GOOD TO THOSE
WHO HATE YOU, and pray for those
who spitefully use you and persecute you.
Matthew 5:44

If all of us took that one verse to heart, and
for the next year we made it our goal, we
as the body of Christ could change the world
around us!

And if someone has hurt you, and you cannot
seem to get past it, and have to recount every
wrong they did to you.

What did Jesus say?

For if you forgive people their trespasses (sin) (that is
their reckless and wilful sins, leaving them, letting them
go and giving up resentment -- your heavenly Father
will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others their trespasses --
their reckless and wilful sins, leaving them, and letting
them go and giving up all resentment --
neither will your heavenly Father forgive your
trespasses (sin).
Matthew 6:14-15

Wow, could it be more clear?
We cannot sit and point fingers at folks.
No lists.
And if they hurt us we must forgive them to
receive forgiveness from God.

Why are not more Christians practising this?
Have we gotten away from what Jesus taught?
Should we be reading it more?

It seems to me then, that our prayer should
be:

Father, change me.

Give me a heart of love for the unlovely,
Give me compassion for those who don't seem
to deserve it,
Teach me forgiveness, when I don't want to give it.
Help me to love others with the Love YOU desire me to
have.

Father, I give my life, spirit and will to you.
Change me for your glory and your honor so that
others will see Jesus in me.

Jesus said:
Let your light so shine before men that they may
see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy,
noble and good deeds and recognize and honor
and praise and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

So if someone has done you wrong,
if someone says unkind hurtful things,
if someone caused you to stumble and
start carrying grudges.

Let go. Give it to God, ask forgiveness
and pray for them, and seek what lovely thing
you may do to show the love of Christ to them,
even if only in prayer.

love
millie


***********************************


Change Me

Dear Lord change not Thy will in my life,
Or trial and sorrows to be;
Renew my faith and make me strong,
Change not Thy will, change me.

Though teardrops fall when trouble comes,
Like storms on a rolling sea;
Let Thy beacon guide my ship to port,
Change not the storm, change me.

When Thy Holy Word I don't understand
And Thy glory I cannot see;
Teach my eyes, give me sight and wisdom,
Change not Thy Word, change me.

If the fruit Thou hast given me to eat,
Taste bitter and sour, I plea;
Let not my will but Thine be done,
Change not the fruit, change me.

If sometime I murmur and grumble, dear Lord,
About the cross I carry for Thee;
Keep it firm on my shoulders, but hold my hand,
Change not the cross, change me.

If You change Thy ways to please me, dear Lord,
I would soon grow cold and turn from Thee;
That You may hear my prayers, dear Lord,
Change not Thy ways, change me.

There's a valley that I must cross,
Someday Thy face to see;
Lest I forget what power is Thine,
Change not the valley, change me.

- Author Unknown

No comments: