Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Parable of the Pencil


Good Morning Everyone,

A few years ago, someone sent me the story below. I think from
time to time it is so good to read it.

Sometimes when life is happening around us, we lose the broader
perspective and often get caught in a web of wanting to give up
or of thinking negatively about everything.

Sometimes being around people who are positive,
inspiring, or encouraging, it can make us rise up to
the occasion rather than being defeated by it.

Each thing we go through in life sharpens us. It teaches
us lessons. It teaches us accountability to the standards
God has set for us to live by. It refines us and makes us stronger
and more resilient.

I can honestly say each hard time in my life, each loss, each
tragedy, made me think deeper, strive to live better, and to be wiser
in my relationships and decisions. It brought wisdom and insight into my heart.

Being a analytical person about all of these events, I processed them
with the word of God in my heart, and then I realized all this time
God had been with me through everything, guiding me, comforting me,
and telling me things would be ok, just to trust in Him, and this too
would pass.

So my friends today, rejoice in life, and it's lessons and let them
make you a better person. Don't be defeated, don't give up, instead
turn your face to God and find strength in him.

A suggestion: be one of those wonderful people who is prayerful,
encouraging, spirit led, and full of God's word so you can be a great
influence on the lives of those around you because of what you have
been through and who your Savior is in you.


We have around us many people whose lives tell us what
faith means. So let us run the race that is before us and
never give up. We should remove from our lives anything that
would get in the way and the sin that so easily holds us back.
Hebrews 12:1

love always
millie

ps... for those of you who asked, I have been sick for weeks with
a terrible flu bug. I am on the mend and hope to restart my devotions.
I have missed very much doing the work and hearing from all of you.
Forgive me for the unanswered letters, and thank you all for your prayers
and faithfulness. I can always use your prayers, we are facing some
obstacles right now and need God's intervention in our situation. God
has never once failed me, and He cares about our needs. Never forget that.
Cast your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


"PARABLE OF THE PENCIL"

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, butonly if you allow yourself to be guided by Someone's hand.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening fromtime to time, but you'll need it to become abetter pencil.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakesyou might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.

Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart. Now put your self in the place of the pencil.Always remember these five things and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

When you reach the end of your rope you will find the hem of His garment. I have often felt that many things that bring us to our knees,teach us while we are down there to learn to pray.


These possibilities are open to everyone.

Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.

Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.

Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.

Don't neglect the things of God. He said we are to pick up His cross daily and follow Him.

Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability. God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need. There is no pit so deep, God's love is not deeper still.Not my will but thine oh Lord.

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´

° Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank GodX EVEN WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE HIM...GOD IS THERE! O (run your mouse across the x to zero and highlight it )Disclaimer©§@}»~©©{millieshome1 }©©~»{@§©This mailing is for Millies Devotions members only and is being sent to those who have subscribed to Millies DevotionsMillieshome1 is a registered member with the Aol community action team. Millies Devotions is not responsible for forwards of any kind.All disclaimers are on file with Millie(Millieshome1@aol.com)in the event of a TOS violation. If you wish to stop receiving from this list, just click on the link below. Millie unsubscribe me ALLOW AT LEAST 72 HOURS FOR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE LISTif you have received this from someone else and are not yet a member and would like to join, please click on the link below. Thanks :)add me to millie's devotions list If you wish to join the list, please click on the above linkallow at least 72 hours for this to occur.thanks for joining!

No comments: