Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year - New Chance

Good Morning Everyone,

How many of you make New Year's Resolutions every year?
How many of them have you kept? I would be willing to guess
that most people do not do most of what they promise themselves
to do. Yet these resolutions are often worthy ones, and should
be something we should accomplish or change in our lives.

What is holding you back from change? Have you thought about that?
Is it laziness? Perhaps you are afraid of change? Perhaps you
don't know how to stick to goals and work to accomplish them.

All of us need to change. Its part of growth, part of learning about
ourselves, life, and how to succeed and overcome.

Why fear something that will make our life more positive and
productive?

As this new year approaches, we should spend time thinking
about something we want most of all to change, and make plans
to do it. To live a life of purpose, not one that is drifting, and
we just face things as they come. We need goals, some short
term, some lofty, and inspiring, and some practical. But we have
to seek to make this the best life we can. We only have this one life!

Over the years I have learned more discipline about accomplishing
what I want to change and do. It isn't easy for me, I tend to
procrastinate. I have learned however, that time passes
and regrets pile up, and I don't want to do that. I want to take
time for my family, to love them, to share what I have with them
and others, and to be a light to those around me.

Have you ever looked back at your life, and wish you had
done this or that? You still can, with the people you have
in your life now! You still have time to make a difference!

I want to succeed with what I have in my hands to accomplish
and make it worthwhile and successful. I do this one step
at a time, with a game plan, a daily goal to accomplish
just one thing, to make that day count.

I hope that as this new year comes, you will do this. Pray more,
ask God to lead you, and follow that leading. Get involved in
things that help you and others. Forgive people who have hurt you,
so your spirit can be free to move on. Set short term and
long term goals. And write them down, and stick to them. Each
day do one thing towards that goal. And if you fail... try, try again.

Don't beat yourself up over mistakes, and over failures
in the past, learn from them, move on, and do something good now!

Never give up. It only takes one baby step at a time. Whatever
time you have left fill it with joy, and love, forgiveness, hope,
and worthwhile pursuits. These are things you will not regret.

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me,
I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him
Who infuses inner strength into me, that is, I am self
sufficient in Christ's sufficiency.
Philippians 4:13

Have courage! Change. Don't be a quitter. Your life
is a investment, make it look like one by all you say and do.
You are investing in the lives of others, and you are investing
your life for Christ. Be a light.

love always
millie

PS. For those of you who asked, as you know I have
severe back problems. I fell on Christmas day and hurt
my back, shoulder and leg, and it has taken me a while to get past
the pain, and for it to lessen. It has to lessened a great degree,
and I praise the Lord for what He has done for me, and
given to me. I pray He will help me be faithful to His calling,
and His word, and always live a life turned towards Him.

Thank you for allowing me in your home and heart everyday,
it blesses me beyond any words I know to express it. I pray
I can be a inspiration and bring hope to your life daily, and
encourage you to be strong in the Lord, the power of His might,
and In His Word everyday!

No comments: