Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Just Do It, Even When In Fear!

copyright Millie Plastaras 1/18/08


Good Morning Everyone,

Have you ever been fearful? I mean to the point it
seemed to take over your life, your thoughts, your actions?
I think most have faced fear to varying degrees in their
lifetime. What we do next is what counts.

I know people who are so fearful, most of the decisions
they make are out of fear. They protect themselves
(or so they think) by making decisions that isolate themselves.
Basically what they have done is cave into that fear
and built their lifestyle and mindset around it.

I am here today to tell you that whatever life may bring
your way, even if you are fearful, you have to have courage.
You do whatever must be done... even if you are fearful.

I was talking with my son in law who is a policeman. He
was talking about the decisions they make daily and
how many times when they are confronting criminals
they do not know what can happen in the next few
seconds, and they always have to be prepared. He
said even if you have fear.. you do it in fear. Just do it!

Don't let fear control you. Fight it. Do things whether you
are fearful or not. Get my point? Just forge ahead.

I have had fear several times in my life. A couple of
times from dreadful circumstances my family was going through
and it caused me to have severe panic attacks. These are
so frightening in and of themselves, it takes a lot of courage
to face them and overcome them. But I did, through counseling,
and just forging ahead even when fearful. I can remember
being in the grocery store, my heart rate up to 130,
and I felt myself passing out, I could not get my breath.
I said to myself. I am not leaving here, I didn't die from
this yesterday, I will not die today, I am going to fight this fear.
And so I set out on a journey to beat it.. and I did.. totally.

I also have had it from not being able to get my breath
when my asthma gets bad. But caving into the fear
only increases it. So I fight the fear.

I am here to declare to you today, no matter what your
circumstances, God is still on the throne.

Fear is not your friend, or a worthy companion.
It is from the author of confusion. satan the loser.
You can fight it. You stand up strong, face your problems,
just do what you must, whether you are afraid or not..
just be pushy with yourself.

Here are some verses to speak out loud to your fear.

God did not give us a spirit of fear that makes us
afraid, but a spirit of power and love and self control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Where God's love is, there is no fear, because God's perfect
love drives out fear. It is punishment that makes a person
fear, so love is not made perfect in the person who fears.
1 John 4:18

Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected
by the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, You are my place of
trust and protection. You are My God and I trust you.
Psalm 91:1-2

So we can be sure when we say, "I will not be afraid,
because the Lord is my Helper. People can't do
anything to me." Jesus Christ is the same yesterday,
today and forever.
Hebrews 13:6,8

My friends, God is in control. We control almost nothing.
Our job is to keep forging ahead, make the best
decisions we can, do it with courage to make our lives
count for something good in the long run. God promises
over and over to be with us through everything we face.
We must hold his hand, cry out to Him, trust in Him,
cling to Him, and speak His word out loud to our fears
and trials. God's word never returns void but will
go out and have power over your situation and against
the powers of darkness and fear will always prevail.

YOU ARE EITHER TRUSTING GOD, OR TRUSTING
YOURSELF. Which works best?

Only you can choose to trust God no matter what you face.

Hold your head up high, face it, even if you face it in fear,
JUST DO IT.

love always
millie

Ps. Every time I feel fear creep near me.. I speak out loud:
For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of Love, Power
and a Sound Mind. I speak it over and over, it always works.
The fear departs, it cannot stand the word of God.
Just fight it friends, God is with you.

No comments: