Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Time Of Refreshing and Thankfulness

Good Morning Everyone,

What are your plans for today?
I am sure there are as many different answers
as there are people reading this. Each of us
with varying degrees of busyness in our lives.

I often see as people go through life how
weary they can become by the cares of it.
And we get so utterly busy with our own thoughts
and activities that we rarely have time for great
fellowship with others.

When is one too busy?

I think perhaps the answer lies in: when you get weary,
you are not enjoying life and you do not feel refreshed.
You need to take time out for God, for yourself, and
for refreshing fellowship with others.

Don't expect people to fulfill all your needs. Just
enjoy them for who they are and enjoy the journey you have
been given. Try to find the good in each day. Learn
to be thankful for what you do have.

Did you know that praise to God is a sacrifice?
We do not do it because we feel joyful, or we are in a setting
where they do it and we feel we must, we do it because
He deserves it.

God watches over us daily, whether we acknowledge
that or not. He gave us our last heartbeat, our last breath.
He helped us wake up this morning. He watched over us as
we slept last night. Who else is providing this for you?
Who else loved you so much they sacrificed their son for your sins?

Remarkable love of Christ! How could we not take time to praise him.
Let me tell you what praise does. It lifts you out of your mind set, doldrums,
and weariness, into the presence of God. It takes your mind off
things that drain you and onto the powerful almighty God of the Universe.

Praise also chases away any darkness. I guarantee you, if you turn
on beautiful Christian music, whether it is praise music or hymns,
you will literally feel a difference in the atmosphere. Why don't we
do it more often? satan hates it. He doesn't want you to take time
to be refreshed. He doesn't want to hear how great God is.
He doesn't want to be defeated. He wants you to stay in
a whirlwind of activities and have no time for God. So that when
hard times hit you are so drained and so weary that despair takes over.

Even satan knows the power of praising God. And he despises it.

satan the loser wants your life to seem meaningless, overwhelming,
without hope, and without answers. He wants you down. Are you going
to recognize this and fight it?

Fight it with a sacrifice of praise. Be thankful. Tell the Lord thanks
every day, with a special time just for Him where you lift your hands
to Him and tell Him how very thankful you are for all you have.
Turn on beautiful music, let it lift your spirit and minister to you
and draw you closer to God. Let it heal your spirit as you worship
God. You do not need to be in a church setting to do this.

Just as you can have a prayer closet, you can have time to praise
God. You will find it so refreshing. Could you use refreshing today?

Don't forget these things. Take time for God. He wants to bring
hope to your heart. He wants to restore your soul. He wants
to tell you the plans He has for you. And He wants you to be fit,
ready, armed and prepared for the work He has just for you to do.

Go forth in His power, His strength, His refreshing, His name,
and reach the world for Jesus Christ, with a heart of thankfulness
and a heart turned towards God everyday.

Here on earth we do not have a city that lasts forever,
but we are looking for the city that we will have in the future.
So through Jesus let us always offer to God our sacrifice of praise, coming
from lips that speak His name.
Hebrews 13:14-15

Because your love is better than life, I will praise you.
I will praise you as long as I live. I will lift my hands in prayer to your
name. I will be content as if I had eaten the best foods. My lips
will sing, and my mouth will praise you.
Psalm 63: 3-5

I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved
from my enemies.
2 Samuel 22:4

Dearest Friends, don't neglect your spiritual life. It is all that will
stand the test of time. It is your Father God who will restore your
thinking, give you guidance for each day, rest for your weary
soul, and hope for your path, and strength for each day.

Praise is a duty. A sacrifice, and it also lifts your spirit into heavenly
places where God can talk to you one on one, and reveal
to you His love, forgiveness, healing and restoration.

Love always
millie

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



I Thank God for My Shoes - They Fit

I woke up one day and I realized that there were many things about my life I was not satisfied with or better still, there were challenges that were threatening my soul. And I said to myself, "Why should anyone envy me and
want to be in my shoes." They don't know how far I've come, they don't know what lies ahead of me, and neither do they know how dissatisfied I get with myself from time to time.

People don't know the troubles that you've had or the price you had to get to where you are. All they want to know is that they wish they were like you.

Why should you wish you were in anybody's shoes when you hardly know how they fit?

When you've worn your shoes for a while, they take the shape of your feet and align to the way you walk.

If you were to wear my shoes, you will not be comfortable in them.

So I stopped wishing that I am in someone else shoes because it might not fit; rather I thank God for my shoes, because they fit!

Lord I thank you for my shoes, for they fit ME!!




If you want to share my inspirations, please copy and
paste them to a new email in their entirety. Let them
go forth as part of my ministry, so if anyone wants
to contact me to join, or for prayer, they will have the links
left in the email and be able to reach us. Please do not
leave anything out, or claim it as your own.
Please tell your friends about us!
Thank you :)

(Please remember I never give out your email address to anyone,
if you get mail from someone saying I asked you to join their
list or soliciting your mail, it is never through me)









When you reach the end of your rope
you will find the hem of His garment.

I have often felt that many things that bring us to our knees,
teach us while we are down there to learn to pray.





These possibilities are open to everyone.
Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.
Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.
Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.
Don't neglect the things of God. He said we are to
pick up His cross daily and follow Him.
Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability.
God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need.

There is no pit so deep, God's love is not deeper still.

Not my will but thine oh Lord.

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God
X EVEN WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE HIM...GOD IS THERE! O
(run your mouse across the x to zero and highlight it )

Disclaimer
©§@}»~©©{millieshome1 }©©~»{@§©

This mailing is for Millies Devotions members only and is being sent to those who have subscribed to Millies Devotions
Millieshome1 is a registered member with the Aol community action team. Millies Devotions is not responsible for forwards of any kind.

All disclaimers are on file with Millie(Millieshome1@aol.com)
in the event of a TOS violation.
If you wish to stop receiving from this list, just click on the link below.
Millie unsubscribe me

ALLOW AT LEAST 72 HOURS FOR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE LIST

if you have received this from someone else and are not yet a member and would like to join, please click on the link below. Thanks :)
add me to millie's devotions list
If you wish to join the list, please click on the above link
allow at least 72 hours for this to occur.

thanks for joining!

No comments: