Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Learning, Growing, Overcoming

Good Morning Everyone.


In each of our lifetimes, we will experience many things.
Happy times, sad times, times of grieving, times of laughter,
and times of illness. There will be many happy memories,
and many memories of hard times.

How do we process all this?
What is the big picture?

How do we handle the dark and troubling seasons of life?

Truly, no matter what you say or do, they have to be walked through.
No one escapes problems, or illness or trials. It is part of life.

But the difference is the way we handle it!
We can handle it with grace and courage, or fall apart everytime
something hits. Which I am sure most of us feel like doing.
But looking back over a lifetime of some very difficult and daunting
problems, I have to say all of them made me a stronger, wiser,
more resiliant, less selfish, and drew me closer to God!

When I was younger, I would run from friend to friend and cry
about my situation and fall apart. And I didn't learn a thing,
I became weaker. Then some wise friend told me time after time,
give it to the Lord, and here I was in the middle of a crisis! But she
was right. And I did. I found comfort and sweet healing in his presence.
I had been so busy running around, feeling sorry for the hard knocks
in life, that I had not sat down and had a quiet time with the Lord
and left my burdens totally on him and just rested in his ability to help
me overcome and go through these valleys in my life.

I may still go to trusted friends, but I go to the Lord first. I just ask
my friends when I want wisdom about a situation. But only God will be
with us from birth to death, and prayer REALLY DOES change things.
It is when we find our hope in him daily our spirit is renewed and refreshed
rather than depleted.

Hard times come and go, but Jesus never leaves us or forsakes us.
And weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Many of you understand loss, grief, pain, abandonment and rejection.
That's not the end of the story. We survive, we grow, we learn we move
on, and we learn to savor the good times, and count our blessings,
and not our sorrows.

Don't waste a minute on regret, or self condemnation or hating your life.
Make it a success by forging through the hard times and showing
that you have a life of faith and not of failure.
A heart turned towards overcoming and not giving up.
And a mind set on the things of Christ and not the mind of the world.

We are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb, not given to
defeat nor overcome by sorrow.

Let that precious Word of God flow into your heart daily
and renew your strength and resolve for whatever the day may hold.

We stick our chin out like flint shake our fist at the powers of darkness
and face the day with courage and the hope of God firmly planted in our
heart. We are the army of God, protected, driven by his grace and strength,
and covered by his wings. If God be for us, who can be against us?

Today is a new day.. rejoice in it.

love
millie

ps.. When was the last time you counted your blessings?
This is a important ritual to do everyday.
Don't look at what you don't have, be grateful for what you do have
within your hands.. praise God from whom all blessings flow.


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



For Everything God has a Reason

I thought in my heart that I'd give up and die,
for the voyage was rough and why should I try?
I floundered around in a turbulent sea
while the billowing waves kept crashing on me.

The storms raged wildly and the waters rose high;
I knew I was drowning and I cried, "Lord, why?"
I heard a voice answer; it seemed to descend
from out of the clouds and the violent wind.

Then God whispered to me, "I see you down there,
swimming alone in your black sea of despair.
I˜ve watched as you struggled in life˜s hurricane;
I've patiently waited till you called My name.

The waters are swift and it's so hard to sail,
for when you ignored Me I commanded a gale.
I sent the waves crashing in hopes you would see
that you couldn't survive without help from Me.

If your life were easy and storms never came,
be honest, my child, would you call out My name?
If you'll surrender your heart and give it to Me,
I'll be there to calm the most treacherous sea."

The waters at once became still as a breeze;
I said, "Thank You, dear Lord," and fell to my knees.
My heart felt as light as a gull on the wing,
and I lifted my voice His praises to sing.

Now when storms of life rage and waves billow high,
I don't bother my Lord with questions of why.
He gave me His promise and I understand
I've only to ask and He will lend me His hand.
-Author unknown-


I have often felt that many things that bring us to our knees,
teach us while we are down there to learn to pray.






These possibilities are open to everyone.
Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.
Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.
Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.
Don't neglect the things of God. He said we are to
pick up His cross daily and follow Him.
Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability.
God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need.

There is no pit so deep, God's love is not deeper still.

Not my will but thine oh Lord.






´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God
X EVEN WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE HIM...GOD IS THERE! O
(run your mouse across the x to zero and highlight it )
Disclaimer
©§@}»~©©{millieshome1 }©©~»{@§©
This mailing is for Millies Devotions members only and is being sent to those who have subscribed to Millies Devotions
Millieshome1 is a registered member with the Aol community action team. Millies Devotions is not responsible for forwards of any kind.
All disclaimers are on file with Millie(Millieshome1@aol.com) in the event of a TOS violation.
If you wish to stop receiving from this list, just click on the link below.
Millie unsubscribe me

ALLOW AT LEAST 72 HOURS FOR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE LIST

if you have received this from someone else and are not yet a member and would like to join, please click on the link below. Thanks :)
add me to millie's devotions list
If you wish to join the list, please click on the above link
allow at least 72 hours for this to occur.

thanks for joining!

No comments: