Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Comfort Zone

copyright Millie Plastaras
11/26/07

Good Morning Everyone,

Do you ever feel like you are in a rut?
Are you afraid to get out of it?
Is it your own self-invented comfort zone?

Each of us have one. A place where we feel safe,
and where we feel comfortable. A place with boundaries,
limits. Comfortable perhaps, binding, definitely!

What fun is this? Always the same ol same ol.
What if you had oatmeal every meal, every day for the
rest of your life? Ugh huh? Shall I say B O R I N G?

This is what you are doing if you have a self imposed
comfort zone that you are afraid to get out of.
You are eating oatmeal, when you could be out there
having a variety of friends and experiences, and a far
better menu of food to eat.

We have this one life. And we spend it hiding away,
bored, until life passes us by because we were afraid to
break out of that zone and try new things?

How sad is this?

Oh my precious friends, don't let life pass you by.
Don't let the hurts you go through, or the rejection, keep you
from experiencing and savoring life.

Don't spend your life fearing life. Go out and see
the possibilities, and enjoy it.

Set a short term goal. Find one new thing you have been afraid
to try, and go do it. Just keep it simple, but pursue that goal.

For those of you who always wanted to take a class, do it!
For those of you who wanted to take up painting, do it!
For those of you who wanted to play a instrument, do it!

Get involved, get out of your house, get out of your comfort zone.
Reach out to people, meet new friends, and join new groups.
Savor life, break free, and experience the beauty of everyday goals
and friendships. Look around you at the beauty and count your
blessings.

Don't limit your life by limited thinking. You are the one painting
yourself in the corner, don't do it. It is not a happy place to be.

You want to be happy right? Think about that, do you really
want to be happy? If you don't, it is like you are punishing
yourself, for some odd, unfathomable, sad reason.

Happiness starts by learning to be happy where we are,
but also by breaking free of preconceived notions that
have trapped us in this comfort zone of ours.
We then learn to try new adventures to spread our wings and fly
above the crowd, enjoying the things this life has to offer.

Kicking that comfort zone to the curb and experiencing life!
Leave that for a later time in life, when you need to relax,
you don't need a everyday comfort zone. Life is waiting!

I challenge you to set at least one goal a week to try something
new and take steps to accomplish it. And don't be discouraged
if it is hard, or isn't perfect. Just do it. Just try new things
and enjoy the activity of it. Even the failures can spur
us on to try, try again, and enjoy the adventure of the journey.

Let me know what you try and how it works for you.

Love,
millie


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


Comfort Zone
Author: Unknown

I use to have a Comfort Zone
Where I knew I couldn't fail
The same four walls of busy work
Were really more like jail.

I longed so much to do the things
I'd never done before,
But I stayed inside my Comfort Zone
And paced the same old floor

I said it didn't matter,
That I wasn't doing much
I said I didn't care for things
Like diamonds, furs and such

I claimed to be so busy
With the things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for
Something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by,
Just watching others win.
I held my breath and stepped outside
And let the change begin.

I took a step and with new strength
I'd never felt before,
I kissed my Comfort Zone "goodbye"
And closed and locked the door.

If you are in a Comfort Zone,
Afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were
At one time filled with doubt.

A step or two and words of praise,
Can make your dreams come true.
Greet your future with a smile,
Success is there for you!

No comments: