Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A View From The Porch

















A View From the Porch
copyright Millie Plastaras 12/19/06

It is a interesting thought to know... as we go out
and view the day from our front porch, that it is
entirely one point of view. Right from our porch,
from our house, from our corner of the world,
with our interpretation of colors, surrounding events,
and with weather that is varied and interesting.

Yet somewhere else in the world or even across
the country, or across the street, or down the block,
someone else comes out and looks at the morning, and
their view is completely different than yours even
though they may live on the same block and
have comparatively the same scene laid out before them.

So it is with our perspective. You might see something
one way, and I will see it another. Does it make anyone's
viewpoint less valid or important, or interesting?

As we go out and see the view from our corner,
did it ever make you wonder what God sees from
the gates of heaven?

If we feel neglected, alone and sad sometimes,
how must He feel? Almighty God who created the
heavens and the earth, has made provisions for all
our needs, and even sacrificed his only son so
that we might have forgiveness of sins and eternal
life, a home with Him forever. Yet, He is probably
the most neglected of all. If a bell rang everytime
someone said a prayer that was truly heartfelt,
how many times a day would that bell ring? What about
prayers that were turned towards God and not our
own needs, prayers for others, prayers of thankfulness,
prayers of intercession, unselfish, humble, focused?

Would the bell ring often for those?

God's perspective is far greater than ours. He
looks out each day and sees our needs and longs
to help us.

WE look out the door and see our needs
and feel despair. He looks out the door and sees
we only have this one life, and that it is so vital
to make it count, we look out the door and think
how hard life has been and why do we have
to go through all this.

Amazing isn't it. You and I live in different parts
of the world, and our daily lives are so different,
our views so different, our lifestyles very varied,
our education different, we are individuals, and
that in itself is a gift.

What is not a gift, is that we cannot seem to love
the differences in each other, and rejoice at different
perspectives and have a humble spirit accepting
of changes, of new ideas, of spiritual wisdom given
by others. Everyone wants to be on top.. everyone
wants to be the expert. Yet, our differences are
amazing, and bring to the table a wonderful variety
of options, thoughts, love, perspectives, encouragement,
and lessons we could all use in one form or another.

Why can we not go out the door fresh each day
and into God's arms and then reach outwards to
each other, loving one another as God has loved us,
unconditionally, in spite of our flaws, shortcomings
and differences.

Give the gift that counts. Acceptance in the
name of Christ, for his sake, for His glory and
as a testimony so that others may be drawn to
God through your witness and shining example
of loving God, loving Others.

This acceptance is different than the highly touted
tolerance taught by the world today. Acceptance
of each other, does not mean we accept sin in others,
just as God finds sin unacceptable in us,
but we pray for them daily, interceeding out of love
and compassion, as God feels towards us.

Remember, we are all on this journey together, no one
better or worse, perhaps some are far wiser in their
walks and decisions. But God loves us all. How then
can think different if He really dwells within us.

love always
millie



****************************************



Change Me

Dear Lord change not Thy will in my life,
Or trial and sorrows to be;
Renew my faith and make me strong,
Change not Thy will, change me.

Though teardrops fall when trouble comes,
Like storms on a rolling sea;
Let Thy beacon guide my ship to port,
Change not the storm, change me.

When Thy Holy Word I don't understand
And Thy glory I cannot see;
Teach my eyes, give me sight and wisdom,
Change not Thy Word, change me.

If the fruit Thou hast given me to eat,
Taste bitter and sour, I plea;
Let not my will but Thine be done,
Change not the fruit, change me.

If sometime I murmur and grumble, dear Lord,
About the cross I carry for Thee;
Keep it firm on my shoulders, but hold my hand,
Change not the cross, change me.

If You change Thy ways to please me, dear Lord,
I would soon grow cold and turn from Thee;
That You may hear my prayers, dear Lord,
Change not Thy ways, change me.

There's a valley that I must cross,
Someday Thy face to see;
Lest I forget what power is Thine,
Change not the valley, change me.

- Author Unknown

No comments: