Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

He Giveth More



Dearest Friends,

When we are at the end of our rope
God is waiting there.

When all seems lost
God knows we are in his hands,and never alone.

When all resources seem at an end
God owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

When trials and troubles come relentlessly
God's mercy abounds even more.

Lessons learned in the time of crisis
the time of loss
the time of waiting
teach us to stretch
grow
rely on
cling to
and trust implicitly in God.

Not in men
not in our power
not in our strength.
But in God.

He gives power to the faint and weary,
and to him who has no might He increases strength --
causing it to multiply and making it abound.

But those who wait upon the Lord -- who expect,
look for, and hope in Him -- shall change and renew their
strength and power; they shall lift their wings
and mount up (close to God) as eagles (mount up to
the sun) they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint or become weary.
Isaiah 40:29,31

God help me to remember today
to walk in your strength
not my own,
to trust in your power and abilities
to watch over me, solve my problems,
provide my needs. Help me to cling to,
rely on, trust in and find hope in you each day.
You are my source, and I praise you oh God
your mercies, grace and provision are new each day.

Amen.

All He is, is all you will Ever need.

love
millie


**************************************************


When God is Silent
Author: Unknown

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret -- it leads only to evil" Psalm 37:7-8, NIV.

John (not his real name) realized that his marriage wasn't all that it could be, but he and Mary were in counseling so John was confident that their marriage would survive and be stronger than ever.

Wrong. John was devastated when Mary informed him that she didn't love him and never would. Tragically time proved that she meant it.

John said that he always believed with faith in God, hope, persistence, qualified counseling help, and hard work pretty much any problem could be resolved.

Wrong again. Eventually John and Mary were divorced after which John experienced an intense "silence of God -- dark night of the soul."

So what do you do when you are committed to and trusting God and your world falls apart?

As John put it, "As hurt, baffled and confused as I was, I clung to my faith. I had nothing else to cling to. But today, several years later, I am a much different man. My shattered dreams and God's silence were God's wake-up call for me. I realized that I had many unresolved personal problems from my past that I needed to face and resolve. I also realized that the only person I could ever change was me. I'm still learning and growing but I am healthier today spiritually, emotionally and physically than I was when I was in my 30s.

Through my own personal journey I would agree with John. Who wants to change and grow when everything is going great? Certainly not me because change and growth are often very painful. Facing one's reality can also be a painful experience. But it's only as we face and accept our personal problems and character issues, that we can bring them to God and safe people for healing.

When God seems silent, if we stand still and listen with our heart, in time we will realize that God has been speaking the loudest to us. Strange? Yes, but true.

"Dear God, thank you for the times when I felt you were silent and deserted me, for I now realize that you allowed me to go through pain and disappointment to help me face my personal problems and grow. Thank you that you loved and accepted me as I was but loved me too much to leave me as I was. Gratefully in Jesus' name. Amen."


"I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." -Psalm 34:4


*****************************


He Giveth More


He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase,
To added affliction He addeth his mercy,
To multiplied trials, He multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving has only begun.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

Copyright Annie Johnson Flint

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Amen my dear amen!