Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Little Battles

copyright Millie Plastaras 12/28/2003

I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who
live, but Christ who lives in me, and the life which I now
live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me
and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Did you recognize that everyday there are many little
spiritual battles in your life? The key to winning them
is recognizing they are happening. The key to overcoming
them, is recognizing Christ in us, and submitting to his authority
and teachings.

The day seems to be going along well, and all of a sudden
we find ourselves facing decisions that lead to a forked
path. One right, and one wrong, which do we take?

The next time you pick up that phone to gossip about
someone, or get on the computer to talk about someone
you hear that still small voice say to your spirit, is this
going to glorify me? You say, Oh Lord, this isn't harmful,
quit worrying, its just me sharing my problems with a friend.
And you proceed with your way of thinking and talk
about others behind their back.

Or when you pick up a cigarette, and you hear,
Child your body is the temple of God, do you want to defile it?
And you say, Oh Lord, I don't have that many pleasures,
this isn't hurting anyone. It is just a harmless habit. And you
go on your way, dismissing that quiet, gentle voice
pleading for purity in your body.

Or you are invited to church with someone. And you
hear that gentle voice coaxing you to go, and to fellowship
and find strength in the unity of believers. And you say,
I am not going to church, people hurt me there before,
there are too many hypocrites. And you turn away from
the very place that instructs your spirit, and brings you
spiritual input. People often think they can do this
at home. But then, they rarely open their Bible, and
often change the scripture to suit their lifestyle.
Church and Christians keep us accountable to the word.
Sometimes it is painful, but it is needful. As a
father corrects his child, so must we be corrected spiritually.
Not taking offense but growing.

But most of all. Don't mention money. Don't mention giving
God. Don't offend me with asking me to give to your work.
All these people are richer than me, I am poor and struggling.
And God whispers, my child, you are poor because you
are robbing me. You are not giving to my work. Your
money is not your own. Your money cannot grow until
you give it away. You are to give to me, to further
the work of my kingdom. It is not a option, it is obedience.
And you get angry and say I will do what
I want with my money, don't talk to me about this.

Little battles. Big consequences. Without recognizing it,
we have become rebellious, not living as God called, but
doing as we want, just as a wayward child does to their parents.
It is so hard to face this, but if we want to be over comers, and grow
spiritually we must face our flaws and shortcomings and discipline
ourselves and change. Seek God first and allow
His concepts and truth to rule and reign in all areas of your life.

The Bible tells us that when we become A Christian,
we deny the flesh, we learn to recognize fleshly, worldly
thinking and confront it, and over come it. That is
growth. We become filled more and more with God,
and less and less with our desires. We seek His will,
righteousness before Him. We pour out our heart
and thinking and prayers before His throne and let
Him sift us. Until He dwells and the world fades away.

Then He leads us into paths of righteousness, and guides
us and protects us in these little daily battles.

Who won the battles in your life today?
And how is that working for you.

The solution: Run back to the cross, deny the flesh
and follow Jesus. It is that simple and clear cut.

remember
Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done, for Christ will last

No comments: