Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

In Search of Peace

copyright Millie Plastaras 9/2/2002

These things have I spoken to you that In Me you may
have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but
be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Many are searching for this illusive thing called peace.
They look for it in other people, in various religions,
in all kinds of activities to try to relax them.
Some people believe if they just avoid other people
they will find peace. Some people, never find it.
Some are too busy, yet in desperate need of this peace.

And today, more than ever the world needs it.
For who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I can hear the voice of Jesus as we struggle through each day.

He says My child, receive My peace.

And we say, Oh God, I am busy working right now.
I will find your peace when I get home.

When we get home, God says, My child, receive my peace.

Oh God, I am too busy now, I have dinner to fix, the laundry
to do, I cannot take time for peace now.

Some say, God, I have lots of activities to do, I will
get around to you on Sunday when I come to church.

Then when bedtime comes, we are weary and unable
to pray. God is still waiting to give us peace, but we
have let another day pass by, without communing with
our God, and receiving all He has for us.

Soon our restless sleep comes, and our hearts
wearied by the day find no rest for our souls.

Then when the times of crisis come, we wonder,
where is our peace? God where are you?
Some folks even like to blame God when hard times
hit, yet they have ignored Him all year, It is not
God who is to blame, when we do not allow Him
place in our lives.

Indeed, it is not God who walked away, but us.
WE have neglected our spiritual life, And we have become
tired emotionally, and drained. We have not taken the time to
find peace, nor spend time in the presence of God,
is it any wonder that when hard times hit, they
are immediately a crisis?

I am reminded of the story of the ants and the grasshopper.
The ants spent all summer building up their stock
of food to last the winter. Day after day, they worked
hard and gathered food, and did not take much time to
rest. They had goals. And they pursued them.
And when the winter came, they were prepared, and
it was not a crisis. Their bellies full, they could then
rest.

The grasshopper however, jumped from here to there,
playing a violin, so I am told, and did not prepare for the
winter. Preferring to wander about the country, visit
with his friends and party. When the snow started to
fall, he was cold, homeless, and had no food.
He had not prepared for hard times, and He was in a crisis.

Are you preparing my friend? Are you filling up with
the presence of God daily? Do you allow the word of God
to penetrate your spirit and infuse it with joy and peace.
Let the precious word of God build up in you,
and make you victorious and wise, and strengthened,
and when the storms of life come, you are prepared.
It is not a crisis, it is a time of growth, a time to draw closer
to God confidently knowing we are not only prepared,
but God is in charge. We have worked hard, our souls
are full of the word of God, and of the Holy Spirit comforts us,
by his word in our spirit,
and we can rest in his peace.

Are you in search of peace tonight my friend?
I know where you can find it.

It starts on your knees, before the throne room of God.
It starts by pouring your heart out to God, and telling
Him all, and getting things right with Him.

Then we can leave our burdens at the throne, and
receive that peace He promises to all who believe and
will receive.

Then you open that Bible and allow Him to speak to your
spirit, and heal you, and bring you peace.
Peace that passes all understanding.

How long since you had that peace?
Ever?
Its available tonight.
God is only a prayer away.
And He said;
Cast all your cares upon Me, For I care for you.
1 Peter 5:7
For the mind set on the flesh is death,
but the mind set on the Spirit of God is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

Let us seek peace, and pursue it,
that when the times of testing come, we are not
only prepared, but have enough to minister to others.

That is what Jesus called us to do.
Those who love thy law have great peace,
and Nothing causes them to stumble.
Psalm 119:165

You will keep Him in perfect peace, whose
mind is stayed on thee, because He trusts in thee.
Isaiah 26:3

My peace I give unto you, not as the world gives,
give I unto you, Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Receive that peace tonight my friend.
No excuses.

Be prepared.

remember
Only one life will soon be past
Only what is done For Christ will last

No comments: