Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Search of Hope

copyright Millie Plastaras 9/2/2002

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel,
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me, Because
He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices,
My flesh also shall rest in hope.
Psalm 16:7-8

When tragedy strikes we often hear, where was God?
When someone dies, or there are hurricanes, floods,
disasters, terrorists, people say God, what were
you doing? Taking a vacation?

Yet, all the of the people
we read about in the Bible experienced trouble,
disillusionment, death, disease, and loss.
Does this mean God does not care?
Does this mean God is absent when hard times come?

No, indeed, God is ever present. But He did tell us
in this life we would have tribulations, but not to fear
because He had overcome this world.

These things have I spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

We know full well that there are powers of darkness
and evil at work in this world, that come to steal kill
and destroy. They are alive, they are spiritual,
they are powerful, and they are working under cover.
The point is, we have to recognize them, rebuke them,
and speak the word of God to them.

You see, our hope is from God. It comes when we
Rest In Him. Rest In His Hope.
Rest In His Promises.

Hope comes when we recognize we have a future,
and a hope, and that God has plans for us. That we
are unique special creations, loved by Him, and created
for His pleasure. He knows us each by name. We are
never alone.

What He wants us to recognize that even when trials come,
even when death or illness strikes us or our family we have
a retreat. But.. if we don't enter that rest, that retreat,
how can we find comfort?
If you don't eat, how can you expect to have energy?
If you don't put gas in your car, how can you expect it to run?
If you don't enter God''s word and rest in it, how
can you find comfort?

You are indeed depending on yourself, or others, and your
own limited thinking. WE cannot see tomorrow, we
don't know what it holds, but God does!

Our hope does not come from our circumstances,
from other people, nor from meditating until you
feel better. Our hope is from God, who made
heaven and earth, and offers rest and
strength even in the darkest night!

That by two immutable (unchangeable, unalterable)
things, in which it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to
lie, we might have strong consolaition, who have fled for refuge,
to lay ahold of the hope we set before us.
This hope we have as an anchor to the soul!
Hebrews 6:18-19

Have you fled to the refuge of God?
Have you found consolation in Him?
Have you received His hope, his plans for you,
His comfort for the hard times?
He is a light in the darkness of this world.

He is the very anchor for our soul!

Save these verses below. Speak them out loud, and trust
in God's ability to see ahead and solve your problems.
And trust in him till the storm passes. Faith is believing
the answer is on the way, even when we cannot see it.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Psalm 91:1-2
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
Fear thou not, for I am with thee. Be not dismayed for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee. Yea, I will help thee. Yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee. Isaiah 26:3
Wherefore, He is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
As thy days, so shall thy strength be. The eternal God is is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:25, 27
The LORD, thy God, in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest (be silent) in His love, He will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him. Nahum 1:7
Cause me to hear Thy loving-kindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee. Psalm 143:8
As a father pitieth His children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear Him. For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust. Psalm 103:13-14
**************************************************

No comments: