Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Lord, Change Me

God has chosen you and made you his holy people.
He loves you. So always do these things: Show mercy to
others, be kind, humble, gentle, and patient. Get along with
each other, and forgive each other. If someone does
wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave
you. Do all thee things but most important, love each other.
Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because
you were all called together in one body to have peace.
Always be thankful. Let the teachings of Christ live in you
RICHLY. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct one another
by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with
thankfulness in your hearts to God. Everything you
do or say should be done to obey Jesus your Lord.
And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father through Jesus.
Colossians 3:12-17

It is a wonderful thing to know we are chosen by God,
and beloved of Him. It is also a huge responsibility.
We should be utterly humbled by it and thankful for it daily.
This should make us long to be right before Him in all
we do and say.

We should be united in the Love we have
for Christ, and develop a unconditional love for fellow believers.

We should be more aware of our bondages
and faults and we seek to overcome them. Love conquers many things.
It can cover a multitude of hurt, loss and internal pain.

Few there be that have this depth of love and forgiveness.
Why? They have been hurt or offended. They never move
past that point of pain, but cling to it as if it was the
most important thing in their life. What a sad commentary
on someone who is supposed to love and forgive.

Some just don't grow in Christ, they are content to sit
in a pew and feel they are doing their duty just by attending church.
They are unwilling to change.

This is really important. If we have a new life in Christ,
shouldn't there be evidence of it? If someone sued you
today because you were a Christian would they have enough
proof of it? Seriously, what is showing in your life?

The cry of our heart daily should be God, show me
the way to go. Change me. Help me be pleasing to
you in all I do and say.

If we see everything through the filter of past hurts and
rejections we get to a point where we stop communicating
with people and avoid them. Later on we find out it
was a waste of our energy and time, and we lost a lot
of time we could have used more productively in building
that relationship, or praying for that person rather than
holding onto any grudges we have.

Rather let us gather together with other believers
in a spirit of humbleness and forgiveness. Not seeking
our own ways, but seeking to unite in Christ and be
useful for Him, and loving and encouraging to one another.

This requires absolute surrender to God's will daily.

Are you ready for this journey in Christ? Make it powerful.
Make it right before him. Be all you can be in Christ.
Don't waste another moment. Life is short, grasp it
and live it to the fullest. Let your legacy be one of love
and forgiveness. Let your light so shine before men
they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

love always
millie


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


Change Me

Dear Lord change not Thy will in my life,
Or trial and sorrows to be;
Renew my faith and make me strong,
Change not Thy will, change me.

Though teardrops fall when trouble comes,
Like storms on a rolling sea;
Let Thy beacon guide my ship to port,
Change not the storm, change me.

When Thy Holy Word I don't understand
And Thy glory I cannot see;
Teach my eyes, give me sight and wisdom,
Change not Thy Word, change me.

If the fruit Thou hast given me to eat,
Taste bitter and sour, I plea;
Let not my will but Thine be done,
Change not the fruit, change me.

If sometime I murmur and grumble, dear Lord,
About the cross I carry for Thee;
Keep it firm on my shoulders, but hold my hand,
Change not the cross, change me.

If You change Thy ways to please me, dear Lord,
I would soon grow cold and turn from Thee;
That You may hear my prayers, dear Lord,
Change not Thy ways, change me.

There's a valley that I must cross,
Someday Thy face to see;
Lest I forget what power is Thine,
Change not the valley, change me.

- Author Unknown

No comments: