Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Having a New Mind in Christ

copyright Millie Plastaras 3/19/2008

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,
says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher
than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8,9

This week as I was praying about a specific issue in my life,
I asked the Lord why something had not happened for me yet.
He said Millie when you have faith, you have to have the mind
of Christ. That thought hit me so fresh, and reverberated
in my thinking, striking a new chord in my heart. The mind
of Christ. When we are in Christ, we should be walking
and talking with him daily. It would then stand to reason
we would seek to be more like him.

How can we do that? By finding out what He likes and
thinks, and desires from us. To seek His mind set and ways.

If we were to think closer to His ways of thinking would
we view everything differently? I think absolutely it would
transform our thinking.

Just in the realm of prayer alone. We would not be focused on
the problem or the defeat, or 50 things going on around us,
we would know that within our mind is the answer, and the
hope and the miracles that are possible through God.

We would see the answer, and pray accordingly.
We would see the big picture that God sees when he looks
at our life and our needs. We would not be confounded
by circumstances but focused on faith.

Why are so many Christians walking around defeated now?
Why are they weary and worn down? Why are so many
leaving churches, and finding fault with each other?

Because they have allowed the world, and it's ways,
and the troubles and cares of life to become their focus.
And they have not sought the mind and will of Christ.

I appeal to you therefore brethren, and beg of you in view
of all the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication
of your bodies, presenting all your members and faculties
as a living Holy sacrifice (devoted, consecrated) and
well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational,
intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world, this age, fashioned after
and adapted to its external, superficial customs. But
be TRANSFORMED, (changed) by the entire renewal of
your mind, by its new ideals and new attitude, so
that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and
perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and
acceptable and perfect in His sight for you.
Romans 12:1,2

Dear Friends, this takes a dedication to God daily.
A heart felt desire and determination to walk the walk
and talk the talk. Because you are no longer your own.
You are bought with a price, the blood of the Lamb of
God who came to take away the sins of the world.

We must rise higher in our spiritual life and grow in Him.
We must please Him, and renew our mind in Him,
and become transformed from this worlds way of thinking
into a Godly way of thinking.

Then our prayer life will be transformed, and our faith
will grow, and we can see fruit of our prayers as we
take on the mind of Christ, and the faith that comes
from hearing, receiving and living the word of God.

Take time for God, and be new in Him. There are people
and lives we can make a difference in, if we truly
walk a Godly life and see the needs around us and
have faith and minister to those needs through a new
mind set in Christ.

love always
millie

I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;, and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

No comments: