Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

He Has Come, the Christ Child!

Copyright Millie Plastaras 12/2004
may not be reproduced without written permission
from the author. If you share, please forward
in it's entirety with disclaimer. Thanks :)

And the angel said to them, "Have no fear, for observe,
I announce to you the good news of great joy that shall
be for all people; for today there was born for you in the
city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!
And this is a token for you. You will find the babe
wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude
of the heavenly host, praising God and saying
"Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth, peace among
men of his favor."
Luke 2:9-14

And so the journey to the manger began. With Angels
singing and a bright Star set apart just by God
to light the way, so that all could know
Our Savior, Jesus is born!

Oh how this world needed a Savior, someone with
compassion that could understand the pain of
each individual. Some one who had the power
to transform lives... to give them hope that there
situation could change. Someone who could
heal them, and comfort them, and forgive their
sins and love them anyway.

Where could such a one be found?

In very humble circumstances. Not the normal
place you would expect a small baby to be born.
Especially the King of Kings. A humble bed
filled with hay and animals around. A warm
setting in a barn, yet the greatest Savior of
all mankind had just come to change the world
forever.

Let us take a journey to that precious manger,
and see what we can find.

The roads are dusty on the way, but there is a
star to light my way. It is a bright star, is this a sign
of the Light of the World, Jesus? He is the bright
and morning star. If I get there, will He know I
am there? I am not very important, and I am afraid.
Perhaps He will not find me good enough... yet I have
to make this journey. Something within my heart cries
out to see this tiny infant that brings such hope to the world.

I have heard He has the power to change lives,
and came to earth to set our spirit and heart free.

How will he be able to do this? Such a great task for a small one.

It is getting colder as I journey towards the light,
and I pull the coat closer to me, seeking comfort
somehow. I shiver with the cold, and wonder
once again, if perhaps I should have stayed home.
Perhaps this is a rumor. Perhaps I am making this
journey in vain.

Oh yet, there is this star. And the songs of Angels
in the heavens. The music is beyond anything I have heard,
it fills the soul, and brings such resounding peace. How could one ignore such blessed events? I have never seen anything so wondrous in my life.
The star seems to wink at me, inviting, encouraging
me to go on my journey.

I arrive in Bethlehem. The streets are full of people.
So many people.. all here for the census. How will
I ever find the baby? The Messiah, Emmanuel (God with us)... I will look again to the heaven and the light of the star will show me the way.

The star is shining directly over a stable. I walk towards it,
and see a family huddled over a manger. A small baby
lay within the folds of cloth in the manger. A light
seems to glow from its tiny face. I feel such peace
within this place. Suddenly I feel warmth spread through me
and the pain of the journey has left me.
Something draws me as I have never felt before.
I hesitate in walking in, but
the young couple sees me and come over and gathers
me in their arms and take me to see their little one.
They greet me as if they had always known me,
and understand exactly why I am here.
How can it be so warm in here, in a stable?
And all the animals are so peaceful... it is as if they
are smiling. Can even the animals know?

Mary shows me the tiny one, and I reach out to
touch His hand. I feel such peace flood through me.
Ah .. this then is the Christ Child. I can sense His life
is going to be so different. Something about Him
even as a baby stirs my soul. I fall upon my knees
seeking to know what it is about this little one
that makes me feel as if I am in the presence
of a King. How could this be... it is a manger,
a stable, could a King be born in such surroundings?

Yet when I look at His face, even as a baby,
He seems to know me, and I feel such peace
coming from Him. It seems as if He has
been expecting me. Could this Be?
Could this child know me?

I bow my head in prayer and thank God for leading
me to the Child of Light, the Hope of the world.
He is bringing Joy where we felt sorrow.
He is bringing salvation, where we felt our failure
in following the law.
He is bringing healing to those who are broken,
and ill.
His love is all encompassing. No one has ever
loved like this. The room is suddenly filled
with singing. And once again I hear the choir
of Angels.

Singing: Peace on earth, Good will to men.

I stay there and pray a while, reluctant to leave
this Holy place. But my life will never be the same
again. I know now, that the world will never be the
same. Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away
the sins of the world.

My heart is yours Christ Child. I will follow your
light all the days of my life.
Your comfort sustains me.

I get up slowly from my knees, watching the little
child as He nods off to sleep. What a humble
beginning, what a glorious ending!
The King of Kings Has arrived.

I gather the hands of Mary and Joseph in mine,
and thank them for allowing me these moments.
My heart is overflowing with so many feelings,
I hardly know how to express them.
But it seems they understand.
They just smile at me. They know. They feel it
too. The day has finally arrived and
hope has been born within my soul.

As I walk off into the night... the sense of well being
never leaves. I truly have felt such comfort
and peace as I have never experienced before.
From now on, whenever I feel lonely, or in pain,
I will take my mind back to that manger, and
the beautiful child, that brought a light
into my life that I had never experienced before.
And I will find comfort in remembering
He knew me!
I will forever seek that child within my heart.
All will be well now.
God has heard the cries of my heart.

I hurry down the path. I must tell everyone I know,
to come worship the King.
WE will never be the same.

My heart rejoices and cries out:
Joy to the world, the Lord is Come!

He came for you and Me!

remember
Only one life
will soon be past
Only what is done
For Christ will last

No comments: