Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Comfort and Joy

copyright Millie Plastaras
9/1/2005

There is a wonderful Christmas song, that speaks of
comfort and joy.

As I was pondering on those words today God gave
me such a urge to write on it tonight.

Comfort and Joy are companions. We find one,
we should have the other.

Comfort does not totally depend on a comfortable
home, lots of possessions, money or even how many
people we know or what a great job we have.

Comfort depends on our state of mind.

Paul said:
Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want,
for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the
point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever
state I am.
I know how to be abased and live humbly in
straitened circumstances, and I know how
to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned
in any and all circumstances, the secret of facing
every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry,
having a sufficiency and to spare or going without
and being in want.

I have strength for ALL things in Christ who EMPOWERS ME,
I am ready for anything and equal to anything through
Him who infuses inner strength into me,
(that is, I am self sufficient in Christ's sufficiency)
Philippians 4:11-13

How powerful the concept of these verses are.
We should read them over and over and receive
the depth of truth and the depth of a spiritual heart
that is displayed in them.

How do we come to that state of mind where we
can be content no matter what hits? It is huge mental
discipline, bringing every thought captive to the things
of God. It is also realizing God is in control, and whatever
is ahead, we know above all else, He will not leave
us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)

Basically.. our sufficiency, our total dependency and
hope is from him. Not from our circumstances,
not from our friends, nor family, not from what we own
or don't own. Our hope is From Jesus Christ who came
to take away the sins of the world. He said when He left
this world He would send another comforter, The Holy
Spirit to guide us and lead us into all truth.

So how do we access the Holy Spirit?
The minute we receive salvation through Jesus Christ
that Holy Spirit dwells within us.

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you
another comforter (counselor, helper, intercessor,
advocate, strengthener and standby) that He may remain
with you forever.
The spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive
(welcome, take to heart) because it does not see Him,
nor know and recognize Him, for He lives with you constantly
and will be in you.
John 14:16 - 17

My friend, knowing almighty God has sent the great
comforter to dwell within us to lead us into all truth,
to guide and direct us, and tell us what to do,
should bring awesome praise from our lips..
How very blessed we are.

We must find our sufficiency in him.

As the world changes, and grows worse. WE will
see many things, floods, famines, earthquakes,
typhoons, hurricanes, floods, pestilences, disease.

We cannot allow a spirit of fear to take root.

Our Father is God, how then can we fear,
knowing He cares about our needs, and has
angels watching over us.

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity (cowardice,
of craven, cringing and fawning fear) but He has
given us a spirit of power and of love and
well balanced mind and discipline and self control.
2 Timothy 1:7

I can remember a time where my family was hit
with so many tragedies I was knocked to my knees.
I heard God speaking to my heart as clearly as could be.
You can either be full of fear or full of faith.

You can fall apart or you can believe everything you
have read about me. I am your sufficiency.. pray in
faith, cling to me, trust, do not let go of me, do not look
to the right or the left.. Rebuke the spirit of fear,
rebuke the spirit of death, walk in my way, walk in my
love, walk in My power and a sound mind, I am your
sufficiency, I am all you need.

I will never forget how that struck my heart,
it echoed within me, and I took it seriously,
and it forever changed me, and the life of my husband.
Because that very day, the prayers bought my husband
back from the grasp of death upon his heart.

From that day on, I learned to trust more consistently.
There are days where I fall apart, and God needs to remind me.. hey..
did you forget? I am on the throne, I am in control,
I am almighty God, I am the great I Am, I am all you need.

It is in that thought.. Joy returns.
Joy returns because our hope is in Jesus Christ.
We can rest in that.. He is driving, we are just taking
the trip. No matter what is ahead.. we will never
be alone. If we are not here on earth.. we will be
with him in heaven. There is nothing to fear.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1

Shout Hallelujah!

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under His
wings shall you trust. His trust shall be thy shield and thy
buckler, thou shall not be afraid for the terror by night,
nor for the arrow that flies by day, nor for the pestilence
that walks in darkness, nor for the destruction that waits
at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand
at thy right hand, but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psalm 91:4-7

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any
plague come nigh thy dwelling. For He shall
give His angels charge over thee, to
keep thee in all thy ways.
Psalm 91:10-11

Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation
of the wicked, when it comes. For the Lord shall be
thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being
taken. Proverbs 3:25-26

In righteousness shall you be established. You shall
be far from oppression, for you shall not fear, and from
terror, for it shall not come near thee.
Isaiah 54:14

Believe it and receive it and live in it.
Then God is your sufficiency.

Or reject it and live in that and fear.
Then comfort and joy will not enter your dwelling.
It is your choice.

What kind of God are you serving?

I am serving one who is all sufficient.
I need not be afraid.. and he has the same promises
for all who believe. We need never fear.

In God I have put my trust, I will not be afraid what
man can do to me
Psalm 56:11

Just trust

Remember

Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last

No comments: