Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Restorative Rest in Christ

Good Morning Everyone.


As I get older, sleep seems more evasive, and quality rest
harder to come by. I am either in severe pain, or having
asthma a great deal at night. It can be a challenging thing.
But I have to keep trying, and pursuing that goal, for I know
that good rest is so vital and restorative to our well being.

But I think a far more challenging thing is not feeling
rest in our spirit. To spend day after day, stressed and
worried is a terrible way to invest our lives. God tells us
in Hebrews 4:1-11 that we can enter into his rest. He
has provided a resting place for us.

I often think of the 23rd Psalm. I believe with all my heart
that every christian should speak that out loud at least
two times a day, with feeling, with thoughtfulness and let
it penetrate your spirit. Meditating on all it has to say to you.

My friends, we have a shepherd, who is guarding us daily.
When we are in His presence we can rest, because
He knows what is ahead, will never leave us nor forsake
us, and will take care of us no matter what is ahead.

How do we enter into that precious, sometimes elusive rest?
Well, seems to me, that if you want to visit someplace
you have to go through the door. If you want to enter
into Christ's rest, you must spend time with him.

If you were honest today, when was the last time you
turned the television or the computer off, and spent a long
time talking to the Lord, as you would a dear friend you wanted
to confide in? When was the last time you sat down and cried
before Him, and told Him all that was weighing you down?
When was the last time you told Him you loved Him, and
sat and spent time worshipping Him?

It seems to me most of us have way too many distractions
that keep us away from that perfect rest. I believe we
need to set aside time everyday to dwell in the presence of
God. Don't expect rest, if you don't ask for it, don't walk
into it, and don't receive it. You have to do that... He has
promised to do all the rest.



Much love

millie

Precious friends, do you hear that still small voice?
Enter into his presence and let Him bring you peace,
comfort, strength and rest for your weary soul.

Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed
on thee, because he trusts in thee.
Isaiah 26:3

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

It is vain for you to rise up early,
to sit up late,
to eat the bread of sorrows,
Because He gives his beloved sleep!
Psalm 127:2

Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest!
Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in hear, and you will
find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-29


Trust: clinging to, relying on, believing in, having faith in,
solid rock faith that does not doubt because of circumstances.
God is not controlled by circumstances, and He is not
controlled by our limited thinking. He is Almighty God,
the Great I Am, I Am whatever you need.

All He is... Is all you will ever need.





No comments: