Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Real Love Doesn't Notice Hurts

Good Morning Everyone,

It is curious that the day after I send out a devotion on what
to do if someone hurts you, I get a very hurtful and angry email
from someone in my extended family. Many of the things that
were said were rather cruel, and did not in any way fix
anything.. it merely made it worse. These thoughts echoed
in my heart through the night, and I prayed God give me
strength and wisdom to overcome this and deal with it
righteously.

Have you ever said something in haste?
Have you spoken in anger before you thought things through?

This is sure common for many of us. I can remember many
times in the past when I felt it was my duty to set people
straight and tell them how it was, and oh what harm it did.
It never accomplished one positive or good thing.
Indeed, it made it worse.

One of the greatest lessons in my life is how to not
get hurt, and hold onto things, and not take things personally.

Lately I have been bombarded with incidents like this,
and have spent much time in prayer. I feel like it is a spiritual
battle, and a growing time for me, to once and for all conquer
this and learn to let go immediately and move on.

If we do not learn spiritual lessons ourselves, it is hard to teach
on them. They become so personal and valuable when we truly
understand the intent and meaning of each lesson we go through,
and actually do something about it!

This morning let me share with you what I read in God's Word:

Love endures long and is patient and kind;
Love never is envious or boils over with jealousy
Love is not boastful or vainglorious
Love does not display itself haughtily

Love is not conceited or arrogant or inflated with pride
Love is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly.
Love (God's love in us) does not insist on it's own rights or
it's own way, for it is not self seeking.
Love is not touchy or fretful or resentful;
Love takes no account of the evil done to it
Love pays no attention to a suffered wrong.
1Corinthians 13:3-5


As I read this I thought, Love takes no notice or account
of hurtful things done to it.
This then is the real love of God in us.
What a challenge! What a magnificent love!

How can any of us do this?
By striving daily no matter what happens to us
to look in the face of God and say make me right before
You, make me a light. I surrender my hurt, my will, my
internal pain to you. I will move forth in the day and let
the pain of broken and past relationships, and current unsettling
events lay at your feet. I will not carry these but let them go,
and Let Your LOVE reign in me.

This is the cry of my heart today. For those of you who
might get this, and you are holding onto things, and counting
hurts as if they were piles of pennies. Let it go.
It profits nothing. Don't set people straight, let God set
you straight. This is what makes God's love grow in us.

I am working on this today. And I praise God for the valuable
lesson I am learning.

Love
millie

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you are so right we need to let Jesus set us straight so many times we hold onto things we shouldn't but Praise his Holy name he loves us enough to set us straight God Bless you