Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Grudge




The Grudge
copyright Millie Plastaras 10/10/2007

I held onto my grudge as if it was my friend,
I didn't let it rest, I didn't let it end,
I fed it my anger, resentment and hurt
Then fed it some more to keep it alert.

It kept eating at my spirit till day after day
the part of me that loved was fading away.
I didn't like this, I didn't like that,
this person hurt me, how dare they do that?

Everyone is at fault, everyone is to blame,
It isn't my fault they don't know how to play my game.
So I nursed all this pain, and doctored away
Watching friends one by one go astray.

I held onto my grudge as if it was my friend,
It held onto me until the bitter end.
When my funeral did come people didn't come to see,
Because all they could remember was the anger in me.

So don't let a grudge rob your life of your joy,
For it only hurts you, not another girl or boy.
Find time to let go of all that is past
And live in today and your love will always last.

For a grudge isn't a friend but a enemy severe,
And time passes quickly for those near and dear.
So love fervently and forgive people each day,
whether or not they ask you, be kind on your way.

So don't invite a grudge to be your friend,
It will follow you around till the bitter end,
It will hurt your heart, fill your eyes with tears
and fill your life with bitter, painful years.

Today is your gift invest it with joy and love
and pray your heart is clean to God above.
Enjoy what you have while you are on your way
And notice the blessings in each new day.

No comments: