Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

A New Life

Good Morning Everyone,

Are you afraid to take Christ with you wherever you go?
Did you know He goes with you anyway?

Shouldn't that affect how you act, where you go,
and what you do?

I am reminded of a concept. When we became
a Christian, it meant we recognized our sin,
and repented of it. True repentance means we
walk away, we leave the old ways behind, because
we have a new life in Christ. God's word says we
are no longer our own, we are bought with a price -
The blood of the lamb of God who came to take
away the sins of the world.

How can we ask God to forgive us of all our
sins, and repent, if we keep doing them? What
has changed? We are still living in the worlds
standards by our own will. Nothing new.
An unrepentant walk shows my dear friends,
to everyone. Yet Jesus called us to be a light.
Not keep walking in darkness.

That being said, how many of you, being truly
honest with yourselves, can say that you are being
a disciple? How closely are you following Jesus
words? How closely are you relying on His guidance
and will? Who is really ruling your spirit?

This is really important!! When you accept Christ,
things should change, we should not be the same
person we were before, our desires, our outlook
and many times our companions should change.
We are setting our eyes on the mark of the
prize of the high calling of God.

Are your goals set towards pleasing God?

Oh my dear friends, do not neglect your salvation.
Do not neglect your soul. Seek that which is from
above, not that which is earthly.

No man knows the day or the hour when Christ
will return. Are you ready? If you died tonight
would you be with God tomorrow?

Are you confessed up, prayed up, planting his word
in your spirit and living by it standards and rules,
abiding in his will, speaking the gospel to those
around you, ministering to needs and seeking
the righteousness of God?

Nothing is more important.

Love,
millie

Ps. You can only have a new life, if you make it new!

Strip yourself of your former nature -- put off and discard
your old unrenewed self -- which characterized your
previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through
lusts and desires that spring from delusion.
And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind -- having
a fresh mental and spiritual attitude;
and put on the new nature (the regenerate self)
created in God's image (Godlike) in true righteousness
and holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24

Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°


The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight
walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the
pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear for "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." (Romans 1:16)

By Dr. Bob Moorehead

No comments: