Pages

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Who Is In Control?


Good Morning Everyone,

Some of the hardest learned lessons in life, are
when we try to control it, and find we made things
worse. Have you ever tried to control a relationship?
You might as well try to control the wind. People
have a mind of their own ... We never truly control them.

Sometimes we try to control our circumstances.
You might as well try to control a hurricane.
Circumstances change and transform and often
get bigger, and cannot be contained in a box of
our thinking and effort to control. Because
circumstances not only contain situations
but relationships, the effort to control all of that is
futile and wearying.

Have you ever lost sleep over situations? Sat
up all night and worried yourself sick over them?
Wow.. I sure have. I think I spent a good part
of my life doing so, because of such heavy
circumstances me and my children went through.

Later on in life, as my health changed, and sleep
became so evasive, I learned to use my time at night
when I was wakeful to pray for people. I cannot
tell you how many prayers I utter at 2, 3 or 4 AM.
I have seen many of them answered. Actually thinking
back, I believe all of them were answered. Because
it is a quiet time, nothing to distract, and my praying
is focused. I have seen many miracles, deliverances,
reconciliations, and financial changes through prayer.

God surely cares about all of this.

Maybe that is a big problem with our prayer life,
we let too many things interrupt us. Our mind is
on other things and we say a half-hearted prayer
and then go back to worrying?

I don't suppose anyone out there would admit to doing
that? I didn't think so :)

My friends, there are countless verses in the Bible
that talk about the provision of God, his compassion
for us is not limited, his mercies are new every morning.
He saw yesterday, He knows tomorrow, He knows
what will work out best and how to walk you through
all the difficult times without you needing to do anything
but trust.

Here are some of my favorite verses, I hope you
will find comfort and encouragement from them
for your hard days, or lonely days, or days when
you just don't know which way to turn.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed,
we are perplexed, but not in despair,
Persecuted, but not forsaken;
cast down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8,9

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble,
and He knows them that trust in Him.
Nahum 1:7

And we know all things work together for good to them
that love God, to them who are called according to
His purpose.
Romans 8:28

I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy, for you have
considered my trouble, and have known my soul
in adversities.
Psalm 31:7
(See God does know about and cares about the
details of our lives)

I will lift my eyes unto the hills, from whence
comes my help. My help comes from the Lord, who
made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1,2

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you!
1 Peter 5:7

God bless each of you dear friends around
the world. Trust and do not be afraid, God is
with you even now.

love
millie

ps.. Hope you enjoy the wonderful story below.




****************************************************



A Rock In Your Sandbox

A little boy was spending his Saturday morning playing in his sandbox.
He had with him his box of cars and trucks, his plastic pail, and a
shiny, red plastic shovel. In the process of creating roads and
tunnels in the soft sand, he discovered a large rock in the middle of
the sandbox. The lad dug around the rock, managing to dislodge it from
the dirt. With no little bit of struggle, he pushed and nudged the
rock across the sandbox by using his feet. (The boy was very small and
the rock was very large.)

When the boy got the rock to the edge of the sandbox, however, he
found that he couldn't roll it up and over the little wall.
Determined, the little boy shoved, pushed, and pried, but every time
he thought he had made some progress, the rock tipped and then fell
back into the sandbox. The little boy grunted, struggled, pushed,
shoved -- but his only reward was to have the rock roll back, smashing
his chubby fingers. Finally he burst into tears of frustration.

All this time the boy's father watched from his living room window as
the drama unfolded. At the moment the tears fell, a large shadow moved
across the boy and the sandbox. It was the boy's father. Gently but
firmly he said, "Son, why didn't you use all the strength that you had
available?"

Defeated, the boy sobbed back, "But I did, Daddy, I did! I used all
the strength that I had!"

"No, son," corrected the father kindly. "You didn't use all the
strength you had. You didn't ask me."

With that the father reached down, picked up the rock, and removed it
from the sandbox.

Do you have "rocks" in your life that need to be removed? Are you
discovering that you don't have what it takes to lift them? There is
One who is always available to us and willing to give us the strength
we need. When the apostle Paul faced times of a broken spirit and
sapped strength, he proclaimed to the Corinthian church, "My grace is
enough for you. When you are weak, then my power is made perfect in
you" (2 Corinthians 12:9b NCV). When we are broken in spirit and our
strength is spent, we can turn to our Father, Jesus and ask for his
strength.

No comments: