Pages

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finding Refuge


Good Morning Everyone.

God is everywhere, never failing, always mindful,
always on call, he sees all we say and do, knows
our past, our tomorrows, and loves us dearly anyway!

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee
from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven you are there,
If I make my bed in hell, behold You are there.
If I take the wings of the mroning, and dwell in the
uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall
lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
Psalm 139:7-10

How precious is Your lovingkindness Oh God! Therefore
the children of men put their trust under the shadow of
Your wings. Psalm 36:7

Lovingkindness means: steadfast love, mercy, goodness,
unfailing love, and it is equivalent to the New Testament
word "grace".

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer.
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust. My shield and the
horn of my salvation and my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised, so shall I
be saved from the hands of my enemies.
Psalm 18:1-3

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a Refuge
in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put
their trust in You; for You, Lord have not forsaken those who
seek you. Psalm 9:9-10

The secret? Seek Him. Trust Him. Cling to Him.
Believe In Him, Rely on Him. Hide under His wings.
Make Him your refuge, your truth Your strength your hope.

When you start your morning off, by talking to God,
by praying and releasing your burdens to Him. Your day
will be started on a much more positive, hopeful, full of
strength basis, than if you try to control this old out of control
world by yourself. A day hemmed in with prayer is less
likely to unravel.

God is never failing. All He is, Is All You will EVER need.

Love always
millie

**************************************************


God's Wings

A little something to put things in perspective...

An article in National Geographic several years ago provided an interesting picture of God's wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage.

One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick.

When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings.

The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise.

She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, so those under the cover of her wings would live.

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." (Psalm 91:4)

Being loved this much should make a difference in your life Remember the One who loves you, and then be different because of it.

No comments: