Pages

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wherever You Go, There You Will Be


Good Morning Everyone,

Ever sat and pondered what the true meaning of goal is?

It is a interesting concept. Something you hear all the time.
Set your goal to do this, or set your goal to do that.

Well exactly what is that? I mean how do we define
and set our goals? It isn't easy to change from our
normal way of thinking and truly "focus" on a new
way of thinking or living.

People that really accomplish their goals are so focused
they often deny other things in the course of their pursuit
to accomplish what they set out to do. They refuse
to get distracted from what they feel they must accomplish.

Whatever your mind is set on... is where you are going.
(read that again)

If your mind says I am a loser, nothing ever goes right,
I knew that would go wrong, it has been that way all my life,
you are self prophesying defeat into everything you seek
to do or accomplish. Your goals will never be achieved
because you believe they won't and you are working
to make sure they don't.

If you desire to lose weight, quit smoking, quit overspending
money, change careers, change habits, make better relationships, or any other major change.. you have to set
clear defined goals, and not be distracted.

One day at a time. One step at a time. You say I will do this,
I know I can, nothing is impossible to God, and He is with me
all the time, and I will accomplish it in his name and for his
glory.

I have had to do this many times in my life. It has absolutely
changed my mindset. I have overcome huge obstacles.
It wasn't easy. I had a negative attitude most of my life,
and I still fight that disorder.. but the secret is, I fight it.
I also look back and see all the times I poured my heart
out to God, and he helped me through dire, heartbreaking,
lonely, overwhelming times, and I made it through to the
other side.

Which ever direction you are pointed in is where you
are going.

If you are pointed towards defeat... you will receive it.
If you are pointed towards anger, you will show it.
If you are pointed towards unforgiveness, your life
will be a bitter, unhappy existence.
If you are pointed towards depression, you will stay
in it.
If you seek to satisfy yourself with things such as shopping,
addictions, over eating, or any habit that robs you of
the joy of life, then how can you expect to see anything
better.. you are the one who has chosen to live this way!

No one else chose it for you~!

It is true of any other flaw in you.

You have to make the decision to change your strategy
and move on. Many have done it before you, who were
no different than you. I for one, am no one special,
but God has helped me in my little corner of the world
to turn situations around in my life by changing my
goals, mindset, and focus.

Think today about what you want to change.. and
take the steps to do it.. write down what you want.
Write steps down you know can get you there.
Then point yourself in that direction and ask God for help.
And don't take no for a answer.. say I will accomplish
this with God's help.. and then believe in yourself.

Otherwise.. you will be pointed the wrong way.. and
be spinning your wheels, never growing, changing,
moving, improving or even joyful.

You only have this one life, make it sing with success!

Love
millie

***************************************************

Changing our strategy

One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet and a sign that read: "I am blind, please help"

A creative publicist was walking by and stopped to observe. He saw that the blind man had only a few coins in his hat. He dropped in more coins and, without asking for permission, took the sign and rewrote it.

He returned the sign to the blind man and left. That afternoon the publicist returned to the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins.

The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was he who had rewritten his sign and wanted to know what he had written on it.

The publicist responded: "Nothing that was not true. I just wrote the message a little differently." He smiled and went on his way.

The new sign read: "Today is Spring and I cannot see it."
Sometimes we need to change our strategy. If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we've always gotten.

And remember too, sometimes it's not WHAT we say, it's HOW we say it!!

Chinese Proverb: "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."

Promise Yourself--
* To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
* To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
* To make all your friends feel there is something in them.
* To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
* To think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
* To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
* To forget the mistakes of the past and press onto greater achievements of the future.
* To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
* To give time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
* To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
- Christian D. Larson

Caretake this moment. Immerse yourself in its particulars. Respond to this person, this challenge, this deed. Quit the evasions. Stop giving yourself needless trouble. It is time to really live; to fully inhabit the situation you happen to be in now. - Epictetus


Don't spend your precious time asking 'Why isn't the world a better place?' It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is 'How can I make it better?' To that there is an answer. - Leo Buscaglia

No comments: