Pages

Friday, June 03, 2011

Looking Above

copyright Millie 5/10/2003

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed, we are
perplexed, but not in despair, Persecuted, but not
forsaken, cast down but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Hidden in the quietness of tears. Alone with our
grief, and pain, we find it darkening our days and hearts.
The losses, the grief, the sorrow mount up and become
a shadow upon our spirit. Friends come and go,
but there seems to be no security. A curtain of
blindness has covered our eyes with tears of despair,
and our heart cries out within us. Oh God, Help Me
quickly.. I am at the end of my rope.

And He says, my child.. at the end of your rope is
where I want you. For in those days, you turn to me,
and you find that I am your strength, and your hope.
You find that I bring you joy, and that I have answers
to all your needs. For it is when you are weak my
Child, that I can be strong within you.

As we gaze out the window.. we suddenly see
the flowers blooming in the neighbors garden.
Their faces are lifted to the sun. Soaking up
the sunlight, and the nourishment it brings to their
leaves.

It reminds me I am to turn my eyes unto the hills.
To look above. Not at the things of earth.
Not to let my spirit get entangled with the cares of this
life, but entangled with the word of God, till it seeps
in my spirit and casts away all shadows, all tears,
and restores my strength.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comes
my help; My help comes from the Lord which made
heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

If He made these hills, and even man cannot make
mountains grow, why then is my heart trusting in men?
Men come and come, they hurt us, and we hurt them,
but the presence of God is an anchor to our souls.
We find rest for our spirit.

Why is it Lord I need to be reminded of this so often?
Why do I get my eyes off you, and onto my problems?
Each time it brings the same despair, the same depression,
and my life is caught up in a whirlwind of self involved,
pity, loneliness and heaviness.

I know where to go. Thank you Lord for reminding me.
I have been looking the wrong direction again.
Forgive me Lord. And lift me to Holy Ground.
Fill me with your spirit, and make me fit for your work.
Lift the spirit of despair, depression, and rebuke the
darkness from me. I will look into your face until
the world fades out. And when I leave this room,
I will be full of your anointing, prepared for whatever
is ahead.

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return,
and come with singing unto Zion, and everlasting
joy shall be upon their head; they shall obtain gladness
and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
Isaiah 51:11

Cling to that rope my friends.. God is holding on to you.
Look to His face. He loves you. Very much.
He never leaves nor forsakes. And He ... will
bring you into Holy Ground. Full of righteousness
and Hope.

Come out singing.. He is Lord!

Hallelujah!

remember
Only one life will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last

No comments: