Pages

Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Butterfly Experience


Good Morning Everyone,

I love to talk about personal battles I go through and what
the Lord shows me on how to get "through" them
instead of staying "in" them.

When my trials and troubles come, I come in my room
and cry out to God for peace of mind, peace of heart,
and a good attitude to remind me that I know God
is in control.

Recently my husbands heart did not have a
regular rhythm for almost 24 hours.. it was very frightening,
considering this can cause sudden cardiac arrest.
It wasn't just irregular heartbeat, it was far beyond that.
With his history of cardiac arrest and heart attacks,
it just sent me into the grip of fear, and I knew I must
not allow that.

It took me a while to get a grip on myself. And as I
was talking to God and shedding a few tears, God
really brought a concept to my heart. I feel that
much of what I am going through, is so I can share
with you, so you can find hope in Jesus Christ.

When I asked God why my family constantly goes
through so many things.. for a few minutes, I just
heard a silence.

Then I heard his voice say ... yes.. but look how many it has helped.

I sat in stunned silence. So you mean Lord that all this
teaches me something so I can teach others?

Each trial I go through in life, or you go through
can be not only a lesson to us, but to those around us!
Tell them how you work through it and struggled
and triumphed through it. It is powerful!!

Wow. What a thought.

It reminds of a caterpillar. One day, he crawls up
a wall, and starts to create a cocoon. He winds the threads
until they become firm and strong around him, and
then he goes into a state of metamorphosis.
Layer by layer he is changing. Not so anyone can see,
but inside that little dwelling of his creation.

Then there is a day he breaks out of that cocoon and is a bright
and beautiful butterfly, cheering up everyone who sees him.

A delight to behold, and beautiful beyond description.

We as spiritual beings are like this. God is peeling away
the useless layers of pride, anger, internal pain, and negative thinking,
and the things that we must let go of to move forward,
and teaching us what we do need to cling to and learn.

It reminds me of housecleaning, we throw away that which
we no longer use or need, and make the house shiny and tidy,
clutter free and clean. Throwing out the old and allowing the new
and healthy to take it's place.

One by one we give up bad habits, pride, stubbornness
sinful ways, and we surrender to his will. When we come
through this refining metamorphosis ... we will be beautiful
to him. A child transformed by his love and his concepts.
Clean and pure within, by surrendering all that is not of God,
and becoming all He is calling us to be.

Something beautiful beyond description.

But we have to surrender. We have to remain teachable.
We have to remain humble. And remember...

There is a greater cause for things that we see.
A greater calling for life than we are recognizing.

You see.. its truly all about God, and His will.

Not ours.

Once we recognize that, the special journey for us
can begin to open like that cocoon.

We are new in God.

Therefore if anyone is IN Christ, he is a NEW creation,
old things have passed away, behold all things have
become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

Remember you are still under construction.
Your Father God wants the best for you.
Don't question.. surrender, and let him show you
why and what and who he wants you to be.

God has plans just for you!!

love,
millie

No comments: