Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Rescue Me

As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me.
Evening and morning and at noon, I will pray, and cry aloud,
and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in
peace from the battle that was against me.
Psalm 55:17-18

How often in life, when times are difficult and crisis hits,
do we long for someone to come and just take over for us.
To take charge and "fix" everything. To rescue us from
the situation at hand. Our hearts cry out within us, doesn't
anyone care? And yet those we are closest too,
may feel they need rescuing too. The battle is on every
front, and many are facing these battles daily, even
hourly.

We long for someone to rescue us from the situation,
and to bring us comfort, to be merciful to us, and to
have wisdom. We look to the right and left, but
everywhere we look, either people don't care, or
they are overwhelmed themselves, or they just don't
have the means to change things for us, no matter
how much they love us. They are just human... after all.

It is in these darkest hours we must remember, God longs
to rescue us. He has felt the urgency of our needs,
heard the words of longing we have spoken, even
in the quietness of our minds he has heard the cries of our hearts,
and He has seen the tears
shed upon our pillow. He knows each sorrow, each need
intimately, he is our "personal" God. Nothing is hidden
from Him, and nothing is too hard.

God's ways are past our understanding, his care and
love is absolutely perfect and complete.
All encompassing, all powerful, all compassionate,
all merciful, full of grace and wisdom. No matter
how difficult the situation, how dark the hour, how
deep the pit, how grievous the sin, God has the answer.
He is greater still than all these.

Rely on, cling to, trust in, commit to, proclaim and
rejoice in the "hope" we have in Jesus, our source,
our guide, our Abba Father. Our Daddy, Daddy,
whose love for us, is beyond our wildest expectations.

All He is, is all you will ever need!!
Ask Him to rescue you tonite. Then allow Him to do so,
by leaving your burdens in his hands... and just trust.
Rest.. quietly in His arms. He has come to save to the
uttermost. Great is his faithfulness and mercy.

Rescue me Lord, for I am weak and you are strong.
Take these things from me, and work them out for your
glory, and lift me into heavenly places, and restore my
soul, and heal the inner pain in my spirit, and cleanse
me from all unrighteousness. Restore that which satan
the loser has stolen, and heal that which has been
broken. Bring into being those things which are your
will, and shine a light on my path, that I may see
clearly all you have for me, and give me the gifts
to accomplish these things. Send forth your angels to fight
the battles around me, and to protect me.
Teach me of your ways, give me a song in the night,
and rescue me from this battle raging in my life.
I will serve you
faithfully every day for the rest of my life. For you
are my Abba Father, and I am your child,
surrendered to you, and poured out as a sacrifice
to your service. Save me and I shall be saved,
heal me and I shall be healed. You are my God,
and nothing that comes against me shall prosper.
This is the heritage of those who love thy name.
Amen and amen.

remember
Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done, for Christ will last

No comments: