Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Trouble Tree

Dear Friends,

Into each life some rain must fall. But we would never
appreciate the sunshine as much if we didn't have rain.
Rain refreshes and cleanses. So in the hard times of your life,
remember that you have a anchor for your soul Jesus Christ,
who loved you and gave himself for you. If you are a child
of God because you received the salvation of Jesus Christ and
have repented of your sins you have God's presence in your life
24/7. He wants you to call on him.. tell him your burdens and
leave them at His feet. He wants to guide you into all truth,
and show you the way to overcome and have victory in your life.
The only way you can find this is through spending time with him
in prayer and talking to him. Then read his word so it makes
clear in your mind who God is and what he wants us to do. These
are vital things to your growth as a christian.

Never let your troubles control your mind. All of us have
circumstances and trials. All of us have burdens, we, at one
time or another will have illness and eventually death. But
while we are here.. we can make a difference. We can learn
to be strong, and overcoming and conquer our fears and
our internal pain, by giving it to God and moving on. Never
again tied to the past. It is something we must do daily, and
surrender to Him. Each morning tell him "God, I need your help,
please take these troubles out of my mind. I am going to go forth
into this day, and take the day off from my troubles knowing
you are with me and will work it out. I will do my best to overcome,
and what I cannot do, I trust in you to guide me or provide. Thank
you for loving me and giving your son for me. Teach me your ways,
that the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart
may please you in all ways. Amen".

**************************************************


THE TROUBLE TREE

I hired a carpenter to help me restore an old farmhouse, and he had just
finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour
of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup truck refused
to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. Upon arriving, he invited
me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused
briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned
face was wreathed in smiles as he hugged his two small children and gave
his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got
the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier. OH,
that's my trouble tree? he replied. I know I can't help having troubles
on the job, but one thing's for sure, troubles don't belong in the house
with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every
night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again. Funny
thing , he smiled, when I come out in the morning to pick'em up, there
aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up.

No comments: