Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Facing the Truth About Ourselves

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ
has made us free, and do not be entangled again
with a yoke of bondage.
Galatians 5:1

In each of our lives we have issues, flaws, and things
that need correcting. Just when we think we have things
conquered, we realize something in our life is out of
control, and out of line with liberty in Christ.

The Word says if God sets us free, we are free indeed.

My question to you, is have you ALLOWED him to set you free?

This morning and last night, God took me to task over some
things I was holding in my heart. They were not worthy of him.
I was allowing things to come in that were not pleasing,
I was allowing negative emotions, and hurts to rule my thinking.

I had to hear someone else talk about their own battle with that
and realize it was spiritual poison to allow those things in my spirit.

Funny how we all seem to need to be reminded again and
again of things we must let go of and overcome. Stubborn people
we are.

My friend is there anything in your life that is not surrendered to
Christ today? Charles Stanley said yesterday in his sermon:
If there is a area of your life that is not surrendered to Christ,
it is in rebellion to Christ."

My friend, this should not be so. We have a new life in Christ,
we are no longer our own, we were bought with a price, his
precious blood on the cross.

Take time today, to ask God to shed light on any area of your
life that is not pleasing to him, that is un surrendered,
then have the courage to pray and ask forgiveness,
and work on that area. Surrender it to Christ, and walk
in the freedom and liberty he promises to those who
truly follow him and allow Him to rule and reign in their life.

Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last.

No comments: