Pages

Friday, August 07, 2009

What Defines Who You Are?

Good Morning Everyone,

I love this poem below.. and it was food for
thought when I first read it.

I think it challenges us.. to one great concept.

What defines you?
If someone had to write a dictionary definition of
what you are.. what would they define you as?

Wow.. profound question huh?

I recently had a dear friend send me a email,
and we were to define each other in one word.
It was hard to find just one word to describe
what this person has meant in my life.. but
a great challenge.

The word she defined me with.. set me
on a new path of thinking. She said I was
full of amazing grace. That brought tears to my eyes.
But I wonder if that is the way most view me,
or most importantly how God views me.

What do you want to be remembered for?
Are you working towards that or dreaming about it?

When people are around you, do they find you
pleasant? Do you constantly dwell on your issues
and problems, or try to find cheerful things and
encouraging things to share with those you meet?

When someone has been around you and
they leave the room or the house.. what feelings
are they left with? That it was like a fresh
breath of air, and really uplifting, or wow, I could
hardly wait to get away.

Life is a series of ups and downs.. the way we
handle it, and the way we treat others, is entirely
due to the way we process it mentally.

Our circumstances can define us, or get
us down, or we can rise above them and
be defined in strength, character and wisdom
by what we go through, learning life's lessons with grace.

I would hope we would all process it spiritually,
and say God help me learn from this situation,
make me strong, wise and beautiful in your sight.
Refine me as pure Gold.. let me be a joy to all
who meet me.. and most of all let me be defined
by you in me.

Let me not be defined by my problems, or my
losses but by my constant moving forward
in the joy of the Lord, and the joy of life,
making it count for all I am worth.


These are not easy things to be and do.
But we have a choice every time we meet someone
on how to treat them. Its called self discipline.
We have a choice every time a trial hits our life
on how we deal with it, its called giving it to God.

We are only in control of one thing.. how
we love those around us. Our circumstances should
not control us, if we rely on, trust in and find
hope in Christ daily.

Let your life be defined, by Jesus in you.

It will bring joy to everyone who meets you.

love
millie






I Am Defined by the Great I AM

By T. Early
I am not defined by what I naturally see
I am not defined by man's opinion of me
I am not defined by the cares of this life
I am not defined by having husband or wife

I am not defined by sickness or disease
I am not defined by those whom I'm to please
I am not defined by the pressures that mount
I am not defined by my own bank account

I am not defined by neither guilt nor shame
I am not defined by whom or what to blame
I am not defined by my own personal success
I am not defined by any means of being blessed

I am not defined by fear of the unknown
I am not defined by the number of things I own
I am not defined by houses or land
I am not defined by my change of plans

I am not defined by loss or personal gain
I am not defined by sorrow, hurt, or pain
I am not defined by being well known
I am not defined by the seeds of life sown

I am not defined by my strengths and needs
I am not defined by my ability to succeed
I am not defined by what I feel that I am
But assuredly I am defined by the Great I AM

I AM that I AM is the God that defines
I AM that I AM is He who refines
I AM that I AM purifies through HIS fire
I AM that I AM created me for HIS desire
I AM that I AM is revealed through me
I AM that I AM is who others really need to see

No comments: