Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Safe In His Arms


copyright Millie Plastaras 8/11/2009

We woke up today, given a fresh new day.
The sun rose, and with it the promises of a new
day to invest. Many of us will face heavy things today.
Some more than others. But all have problems.
Even the world seems in turmoil now, with
few safe havens and trustworthy people.

I can truly tell you, no matter what you go
through today, or are facing, you are not
facing it alone. The God of all comfort
has all the wisdom ever known to mankind
and more, beyond our understanding. He
knows all about you, and has since before
you were born, even as you were being
knit in your Mother's womb.

This Great God has plans for you. He promises
that He will always be with you. That He won't
forsake you. That He actually has plans for you,
for a future and a hope!

Yet here you are, first thing in the morning,
discouraged, worried, and carrying the past
around as if it was a trophy. What will it profit you?

What do you want most? How can you get it?
Is the way you are living going to accomplish
that or are you going the wrong direction?

As I get older, I can tell you I have been
through many trials in my life. Some very devastating,
some tragedies, some the death of dear ones.
There was even a time in my life, when almost
everyone I loved dearly walked away. It was
as if the floor dropped out from under me.

But never once did I feel God had forsaken me.
Indeed, I could feel his presence, and I could
cry out to Him any time of the day or night and
feel his comforting arms enfold me and his
spirit speaking to me, this too shall pass my child,
rest and receive my peace.

Even in the long dark night of my soul,
he was there, weeping with me, comforting me,
and understanding all about what I was going through.
My Abba Father.

Our circumstances do not control us. Our trials
do not define us. How we handle them is
what defines us and builds character.

Face them with courage, a desire to overcome,
a heart turned towards God in prayer, and hope
that is renewed each morning.

These things I have pursued, and I can say
with all my heart, that even when I failed God
or strayed, He never left my side. He was
always there pleading, speaking to my spirit,
drawing me, and telling me come home my child.

He has plans for you my dear friend. Have you
tapped into them? Can you receive it? Do you
know Him? Do you know He loved us so very
much He gave his ONLY son to die just for our
filthy sins. And to rise again from death
that we might also. Who else loves us this much?

He will be with us from birth to death, our companion,
our Heavenly Father, The Great I Am. I Am ALL
you will ever need.

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath
are His everlasting arms; and HE shall thrust
out the enemy from before you, and shall say Destroy them.
Deuteronomy 33:27

Even the enemy of our soul and his demons cannot
defeat the armies of God. We are His army,
his children, called out, called unto holiness,
called to walk in His path, for His glory and his honor
and for a right and light filled path for our own way.

Seek Him while he may be found. For He is the
God of your Fathers, who loved you and gave his
son for you. How then can we do less for the
master than give our lives to Him daily and pick
up our cross and follow Him.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I
am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yeah, I will help thee,
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my
righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, trust, rely on, cling to, walk with,
and obey the God of all comfort.

These things you will never regret, and your
life will be forever changed, as you face this
journey with your face lifted up, and hope in
your heart, and a Father God at your side to
guide you through all things safely.

Love always
millie

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: