Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

We Are Never Alone, Life Is Never Hopeless

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking this week about the agony of unbelief.
We who claim to love God, and call upon his name, often
find ourselves overwhelmed by circumstances.

It is at that very moment we have a choice.
To take God at his Word, and believe every word He ever
said.. or to doubt and dwell in fear and a feeling of hopelessness.

Which sounds more inviting?

Is the world not troubled enough without people of faith
giving up on the God of the Universe?

Yet daily, we see people do this. The circumstances of life
wear on them, people hurt them, they deal with illness, loss
of jobs.. and many other trying and very difficult circumstances.
And yet, instead of going to the source of their Strength,
the God who stretched his hands out and created the universe
out of nothing. The God who made light and darkness,
who created the mountains, the rivers, the stars, the moon and sun,
we doubt? Why would we do this?

Do we think we control things? Can man control his circumstances?
Those that have control issues know they cannot, so they live in fear.

The Lord is my Light and My Salvation -- whom shall I fear or
dread? The Lord is my Refuge and the Stronghold of my life, of whom
shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

But He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide
under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord,
He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in HIM will I trust.
Psalm 91:1-2

The fear of man brings a snare,
but because I LEAN on, trust in, and put my confidence
in the Lord, I am safe and set on high.
Proverbs 29:25

God will cover me with his wings; I will be safe in His care;
his faithfulness will protect and defend me. I need not fear
any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day.
Psalm 91:4-5

My precious friends, we either take Him at His word, and live
like we believe Him and walk in faith, or we walk in fear.
Which do you choose? And how is that working for you?

But as for me?
I dwell in His presence
His Hope
His Sufficiency
His Unlimited Power
His Great Strength
His precious and ever abiding Love
and I will trust no matter what circumstances I face.

Because... With God, Nothing is impossible.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the
most High, your dwelling place, NO Evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For HE has given His angels charge over you, to keep you
in All your ways.

Psalm 91:9-10

What time I am afraid, I shall trust in, rely on, cling to,
hope in, and find sanctuary in, renewal, hope and strength
in your abiding arms. Jesus, who never leaves me or forsakes me.

Love always
millie


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



Our Father knows what's best for us,
So why should we complain?
We always want the sunshine,
But He knows there must be rain.

We love the sound of laughter
And the merriment of cheer,
But our hearts would lose their tenderness
If we never shed a tear.

Our Father tests us often
With suffering and with sorrow.
He tests us not to punish us
But to help us with tomorrow.

For growing trees are strengthened
When they withstand the storm,
And the sharp cut of a chisel
Gives the marble grace and form.

God never hurts us needlessly,
And He never wastes our pain,
For every loss He sends to us
Is followed by rich gain.

And when we count the blessings
That God has so freely sent,
We will find no cause for murmuring
And no time to lament,

For our Father loves His children,
And to Him all things are plain,
So He never sends us pleasure
When the soul's deep need is pain.

So whenever we are troubled
And when everything goes wrong,
It is just God working in us
To make our spirits strong.



Helen Steiner Rice

No comments: