Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Learning To Be Content and Excel

copyright Millie Plastaras 8/22/08

Good Morning Dear Friends,

If I was to take a poll among those of you reading
this email this morning, I wonder how the
results would turn out? How many of you have
perfect, trouble free lives? Waiting...

What? None of you? I am shocked.

Reality check: NO one is perfect, no one will
have trouble free lives, and no one has all they need.

The richest people in the world do not have all they need,
that is why they keep seeking new acquisitions. Money
does not buy happiness, but it can make life easier.

A good attitude is far greater to be desired.
Paul wrote something that we all need to be reminded of
often:

Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. In any case, it was kind of you to share my distress.

Philippians 4:4-13
How many of you today can say I am content with where I am at?
If not, what good does it do not to be content? Does it make
you depressed, unhappy, feeling at loose ends, and not sure
of yourself or your future? To me, not being content is a lack
of faith. It means we are trusting in our circumstances,
and our possessions and not in God.

Life is not about what we accumulate, or own, it is about
how we invest it.

Whatever you are dealing with today, and each of us
probably have a full plate of things to deal with, we must
deal with it in faith. When someone listens to you,
what comes out of your mouth? Poor me? Life is hard?

Isn't this a battle? It is for me. I really struggle with
it because of health. But then I think... you know what,
this is the way it is.. what can I do to make it shine?
What can I do that is worthy today and will make a difference?

I am looking beyond my situation into possibilities of
making it better, of reaching out, of seeking God's word
to inspire my heart with faith, and comfort, and hope
and strength.

I am not going to lay down and die, and give up and
be defeated. I am going to let the words that come
out of my mouth speak faith in God's abilities
and not fear about my situation.

Are we speaking from a viewpoint of a victor or victim?
What can we personally do to change it.
Give it to the Lord Jesus, leave it at his feet, and go
out and make your day the best you can. Invest it
in loving others, loving yourself, filling up with God's word
to fuel your spirit for the day.

Just do it in faith, and be content.
Your life is what it is, make it the best you can and
don't complain. Only you can make it better, no one
else is going to rescue you and do it for you. You have
to make it shine, and be a olympic gold medalist in
your attitude. Never quit, never give up, never
lose your faith or hope. Pick yourself up and start
over again and fight the good fight of faith.

God is watching over you, and will NOT leave you
to face this alone. He will be a constant source
of strength and inspiration. Receive that. Live it.
Walk it. Talk it. Speak it. Just do it.

Let your light so shine before men that they may see
your good works and glorify your Father whom is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Be a light.. to yourself..and others. Climb out of
the valley of discontent, and change your attitude
and change your life. It is the only one you have.

Love always
millie

REMEMBER
ONLY ONE LIFE, WILL SOON BE PAST
ONLY WHAT IS DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST.

No comments: